Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Period scopes - 1980's?

Wanted - Period scopes - 1980's?

Hi all, i'm looking for period Tasco, Nikko and Sussex Armoury scopes (or w.h.y.) to go on my Jackal and Sharp air rifles. Also any mounts from this era and any 'air logic' or 'hushpower' silencers that would fit the above, i'd be interested in. Thanks
    Last edited by daveuk; 16-08-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Here you go Dave have a look here
    http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index...howtopic=33173

Thumbs up

I have a Nikko Stirling in black gloss 4x32 with mounts all from that period. Could this be of any interest? If so let me know and I will find and photograph it for you.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I have a Nikko Stirling in black gloss 4x32 with mounts all from that period. Could this be of any interest? If so let me know and I will find and photograph it for you.
    Yes, those were considered cool then too! Would suit the Sharp in terms of period authenticity exactly. I had a Nikko Stirling (made in Japan of course) 4x28 on my Hammerli 401 for FT. You can laugh if you want to!

you blokes are ace.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies lads.
    Geoff - thanks for the link mate,i'm not sure if those will fit a sharp or jackal so at the minute i'm trying to register on that forum so i can ask the seller.
    Rapidnick - yes mate i am interested in that scope . i used to have a gold crown 3-9x40 that i replaced with a tasco that i still have.
    Hsing-ee - thanks for the input on my other wanted ad. i missed I.J's 2-7x32 tasco that he sold recently cos i dilly-dallyed and by the time i decided to pm him it'd been sold. we live and learn. \

80's scopes

As a matter of interest, are the original 80's scope mounts also gloss black?
    I have a couple of nice old 80's scopes for my nice old 80's guns, but the modern mounts do not look right. I can easily respray the mounts if gloss black is authentic.

Mike95

i couldnt answer that one and be a hundred percent certain but i'm sure alot of guys on here could.
    i know i have a 1 piece sportsmatch from around the late 80s and its not as much of a matt finish as the sportsmatch i've bought since getting back into airguns over the last 12 months.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Hi Dave,

I have 2 Optima scopes, a 3-9x40 wide angle and. 3-9x45 Super Moonlighter. Both made in Japan
    Both bought in 1983 and with original mounts.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hi Dave,

I have 2 Optima scopes, a 3-9x40 wide angle and. 3-9x45 Super Moonlighter. Both made in Japan
    Both bought in 1983 and with original mounts.

Cheers

John
    The Super Moonlighter was one of the top scopes in those days, its a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Super Moonlighter was one of the top scopes in those days, its a classic.
    I wanted to get one of those back in the day, just couldn't afford one. I also liked the miniature Gamekeeper 1.5-4 x 16
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi John (snooper601),
    i've just pm'd you regarding the optima scopes.
    Dave

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Hi Dave,

Just replied, but the main problem is I don't know what these scopes are worth today, they were the 'Mutt's Nuts' back then

I think the 45mm one may be the Moonlighter, I think the Super Moonlighter may have been the 56mm version.

Anyway, anybody know what these are worth, I don't want to ask silly money but I'm not giving them away either

Cheers

John

PS, Pix tomorrow
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by daveuk View Post
    Hi all, i'm looking for period Tasco, Nikko and Sussex Armoury scopes (or w.h.y.) to go on my Jackal and Sharp air rifles. Also any mounts from this era and any 'air logic' or 'hushpower' silencers that would fit the above, i'd be interested in. Thanks
    Hi Dave, hope the scum aren't giving you too much of a hard time over there matey . Anyway, regarding the above, saw this posted by Good Guy Rich and thought it may suit (have also sent him a link to your advert as here too). Atb M8, and keep yer battle bowler buckled : Gareth W-B.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216434

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks Gareth, i've just pm'd Rich. also, the w**kers out here havent had a go at my team for a while lets hope it stays that way.

Does anyone know of what mounts would be recommended for fitting scopes from the 80's to my guns? i have always used sportsmatch but as MIKE95 said - was the finish the same then as it is now? can anyone advise please?
    Thanks, Dave

Hiya (i found it hard to type that with a straight face)
    its not what i'm looking for really but thanks for giving me the heads up. atb
    Dave