Thread: bullet molds

bullet molds

any one got any for the .44 remington...ball or conical
    got 3 at mo but all around 200 gns which is a tad heavy

200gr is right for a .44 conical, a .454 ball will be 180gr. Both are good for pistols.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    200gr is right for a .44 conical, a .454 ball will be 180gr. Both are good for pistols.
    bu@@er will perservere

Why do you feel them heavy? You should be looking at around 20gr(vol) of powder for a nice flat traj. Check that you dont get tumblers with your conicals, if all nice hits you should stick with the measure and concentrate on grip, POA and getting your loading all the same.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

What a lot of people dont consider is that each chamber should be considered a different gun. These modern replicas should be closer precision and match between chambers but I'm afraid they are not that good.

I have run for a few weeks with numbered tape around my cylinder and marked fall of shot for each chamber on paper as I take each shot. It has proved than I have one chamber that shoots high right and another very low on center every time. I'm good for three inch groups with most guns over iron sights at 25m. When you get one hitting an extra inch out one way and anther hitting an extra inch out t'other your group is 5" and there little can be done about it unles you keep a chart on the firing point with different aim offs for each chamber of your marked cylinder. That or try a different gun.

willing to help

If you really need one, and can't find one in the uk, I can ship one to you if you pay for the shipping and mold kit. This is only if all other alternatives of obtaining one fails.
    Fortune favors the brave...

I have a .44 wadcutter 180gr mold, but that won't do would it, unless you're willing to comprimise.

By the way, why do you want such light weight bullets?
    Fortune favors the brave...

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    What a lot of people dont consider is that each chamber should be considered a different gun. These modern replicas should be closer precision and match between chambers but I'm afraid they are not that good.
    That’s really interesting and exactly what happens to me with a .36 Navy. Two or three fly into the black (sometime the bull) and the rest pepper the white surround. Haven’t thought about marking the cylinders but might try that.

cheers
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

Quote Originally Posted by Sven828 View Post
    I have a .44 wadcutter 180gr mold, but that won't do would it, unless you're willing to comprimise.

By the way, why do you want such light weight bullets?
    round balls are around 150 gn iirc....trying to reduce the powder so the recoil is better etc,,,,also flatter trajectory and plus i love making bullets lol