Thread: Long range with sub 12fpe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Long range with sub 12fpe

Did some long range at the weekend on the 100yd range at Dowry Hill.
    I put the board at 100yds exactly, and once I was sighted in I shot a 20 shot group of 1.8 inches centre to centre. I was shooting with a friend and fellow club member who witnessed the group and measured it.

I shot off the knee (standard FT sitting position)with little or no wind to speak of. It was done with my EV2 and Nikko combo running at 770fps.

Was going to post this on the Long range thread the guy from Oz started, but can't seem to find it.

I reckon in the right conditions and bench rested, this could be reduced somewhat. Anyone else had a go?

Will take a pic of the group and post it up on this thread later tonight.

oz guy

he didnt like the comments he got on here ,so hes gone here http://bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php
    hi user name is Yrrah

pic of grouping

This group was shot at 100yds as stated above. The pellets were Daystate 4.51s straight out of the tin.

The outer yellow circle is 40mm, the same size as a standard FT target.

Nice shooting did you say Sitting?

Whatever superb example of what can be done!!
    As you say imagine practice and benchrest!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thanks mate. I am sure that on a very calm day and benchrested, I could keep them all in the 40mm disc.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    This group was shot at 100yds as stated above. The pellets were Daystate 4.51s straight out of the tin.

I reckon you should be pleased with that, I know I would be.

sometimes a great rifle and shooter come together and just gel.credit to both that is some fine shootring.i remember getting my first 22lr and when i took it out a chap called graham out shot me all night with his air rifle..... that was me put in my place.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post

Nice, I have an FX Bobcat 25 that is supposed to be able to shoot to 100yd. I haven't tried yet but when I look at ChairGun Pro it says my
    JSB's will hit the ground at 85yds. I am hoping it is wrong I am shooting JSB 25's 25.40gn @ average 820Ft/s,
    I would love to use them at 100yds but I dont have a range close
    ChairGun also says my 25 Condor and 25 TalonP wont make it either.
    So my question is what Fp/s are you shooting @
    If there is a post already addressing this I would also like the link, been searching. Don't want to hyjack the post
    Lighthorse

Light horse , I think that you must be entering the wrong data into chairgun. You will have to re zero your gun or use mill dots to shoot out to 100 yards. Using the data you posted I have done some calculations using chair gun if you re zero your gun to exactly 5 yards it will be spot on at 100 yards, this is using the near zero far zero method.