Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
Back into FT after a bit of a break. I'm going to do some more long range testing later, when the weather settles and we get a calm day. But I'm going to do it with my FT springers. Will update when I've done the first test, hopefully not too long now.
Hi Neil

I hope you are well

I have just spotted this old thread

That group on our 100 yd range is excellent

Phil (Archie), Stan and myself will have a try with our TX's, Prosports and Walthers off the bench on the 100 yd range to see what we can achieve.We have been talking about trying our rifles at 100yd for some time

I have an AA400/Zenith modified that has produced some fantastic groups at 80 yds but not tried it at 100. So i will see what it can do. It has just had its first service in 10 years and was still going strong - what a reg!! Nick has said it was well overdue a service for 3 years now.

The 100 yd range is pretty sheltered but we will still need a calm day to get anywhere near your group

Bench tested at 50 yds the best springers that we have are not too far behind our EV2's, MPR's so it will be interesting to compare the PCP and springer rifles in the same wind conditions at double that range.

Interesting that you used Daystate pellets. James O. has let the club have some very old stock of these (possibly 2007 ish) and both Archie and Stan have been getting superb groups at 50 yds with them

I will post our findings

ATB
John