Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long range with sub 12fpe

Thanks Pietre. I do take FT quite seriously I shoot most Grand prix,s and Winter leagues, I also shoot the European Championships and the World Championships when possible. I have made some special Long Range Target boards up at work, they are 600x400mm, some with 40mm squares and some with 1 inch squares. I am shooting a GP this weekend but will try to do more tests shortly then get some pics of my groups. Regards. Neil.

Wink

Don't put idea's in peoples heads Neil, our winter league courses are hard enough without this!
    Nice shooting though mate, I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you this winter.

Yeah!! just imagine, a 40mm kill at 85yds. You would still hit it, revered bearded one.

PS: sorry about the loss of a friend. I know how it feels, losing 5 mates in 1 year due to motorcycle accidents.

See you soon.

Neil.

Thanks for the kind words about Dave, much appreciated.
    Catch you at the Euro's.

Neil

Damn!!!

The furthest target at our club is 61 yards !!!! !! I found that very challenging whilst bench rested on my rucksack. I was shooting an ultra 10.

I have to say I'm gobsmacked at your achievement!!!

The more I read on the forums about the achievements with sub12fpe the more I am amazed.

Thanks for sharing Alan

Back into FT after a bit of a break. I'm going to do some more long range testing later, when the weather settles and we get a calm day. But I'm going to do it with my FT springers. Will update when I've done the first test, hopefully not too long now.

Nice shooting mate, have always had an interest in long range target shooting, hope to see more posts on this aspect of the sport.

Sub 12 fpe at 100m/110 yards

Hi all,

Here a very small group at 100m/ 110 yards.

ATB
    emi
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    This group was shot at 100yds as stated above. The pellets were Daystate 4.51s straight out of the tin.

The outer yellow circle is 40mm, the same size as a standard FT target.

I reckon you should be pleased with that, I know I would be.

sometimes a great rifle and shooter come together and just gel.credit to both that is some fine shootring.i remember getting my first 22lr and when i took it out a chap called graham out shot me all night with his air rifle..... that was me put in my place.

This group was shot at 100yds as stated above. The pellets were Daystate 4.51s straight out of the tin.

The outer yellow circle is 40mm, the same size as a standard FT target.
    Nice, I have an FX Bobcat 25 that is supposed to be able to shoot to 100yd. I haven't tried yet but when I look at ChairGun Pro it says my
    JSB's will hit the ground at 85yds. I am hoping it is wrong I am shooting JSB 25's 25.40gn @ average 820Ft/s,
    I would love to use them at 100yds but I dont have a range close
    ChairGun also says my 25 Condor and 25 TalonP wont make it either.
    So my question is what Fp/s are you shooting @
    If there is a post already addressing this I would also like the link, been searching. Don't want to hyjack the post
    Lighthorse

Light horse , I think that you must be entering the wrong data into chairgun. You will have to re zero your gun or use mill dots to shoot out to 100 yards. Using the data you posted I have done some calculations using chair gun if you re zero your gun to exactly 5 yards it will be spot on at 100 yards, this is using the near zero far zero method.

Have a look at Twig 218 yard air rifle shot on You Tube.
    Golf ball size exploding target with a Prosport.

Back into FT after a bit of a break. I'm going to do some more long range testing later, when the weather settles and we get a calm day. But I'm going to do it with my FT springers. Will update when I've done the first test, hopefully not too long now.
    Hi Neil

I hope you are well

I have just spotted this old thread

That group on our 100 yd range is excellent

Phil (Archie), Stan and myself will have a try with our TX's, Prosports and Walthers off the bench on the 100 yd range to see what we can achieve.We have been talking about trying our rifles at 100yd for some time

I have an AA400/Zenith modified that has produced some fantastic groups at 80 yds but not tried it at 100. So i will see what it can do. It has just had its first service in 10 years and was still going strong - what a reg!! Nick has said it was well overdue a service for 3 years now.

The 100 yd range is pretty sheltered but we will still need a calm day to get anywhere near your group

Bench tested at 50 yds the best springers that we have are not too far behind our EV2's, MPR's so it will be interesting to compare the PCP and springer rifles in the same wind conditions at double that range.

Interesting that you used Daystate pellets. James O. has let the club have some very old stock of these (possibly 2007 ish) and both Archie and Stan have been getting superb groups at 50 yds with them

I will post our findings

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!