Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Jumbo .177

Record Jumbo .177 (Withdrawn)

Here I bring you the rare, and unique Record jumbo, the Worlds smallest top lever spring air pistol.

It turned up at a bootsale out in Essex a year back.

Full working order, and I believe the deluxe model too. Some damage though, please see pictures.

£40 + P&P.

Photos will be uploaded to this thread soon.
    Last edited by Wally Ferris; 27-08-2007 at 04:41 AM.

i think you will find its a spring pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    i think you will find its a spring pistol.
    My mistake!, thanks for pointing that out .

ill take it please

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    If that deal falls through I'll have it.

Too late again

I want to replace the one that was stolen from me about 19 years ago

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kathunet
    Quote Originally Posted by skychaserltd
    Ok sam I will have it anyway as I could use it for spares anyway regards andy
    Hello, Andy.

I hope you don't mind, but I've given first refusal to another member here due to the fact He had His stolen many years ago, and has had trouble acquiring another.

If He decides against buying I'll let you know .

Here's the pics anyway.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2...ture020jd6.jpg
    http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ture024wi3.jpg

Regards, Sam.
    Hi Sam

You are quite at liberty to sell to anyone you like. However do bear in mind that the forum rules are very specific on how business should be conducted on the forum. The first to post 'I'll have it' takes precedence regardless. I have agreed to purchase at full asking price, and think I am rightfully unhappy at what you are doing.

Like I say, I can't force you to do anything. We do live in a democracy after all. The other members of the bbs may be wary of any future sales posts you make if this is the way you conduct yourself.

skychaserltd

Quote Originally Posted by skychaserltd View Post
    Hi Sam

You are quite at liberty to sell to anyone you like. However do bear in mind that the forum rules are very specific on how business should be conducted on the forum. The first to post 'I'll have it' takes precedence regardless. I have agreed to purchase at full asking price, and think I am rightfully unhappy at what you are doing.

Like I say, I can't force you to do anything. We do live in a democracy after all. The other members of the bbs may be wary of any future sales posts you make if this is the way you conduct yourself.

skychaserltd
    I am aware of the fact, I just wanted to do a good turn by offering the Pistol to a member Who had less fortune than to already own one.

These don't turn up very often, and so They need to be evenly in possession f those wishing to own one.

I have not made any extra money from dealing with, Snooper601, because that was not my intention.

I know this has nothing to do with me,but this looks a little unfair on Skychaserltd.......and having seen Snoopers sig "and about 20 pistols" he isn't exactly short of a pistol or two.....just my twopenneth....I'll get me coat

Hi

I'm with Porky on this one. Unlike Porky it does have something to do with me: I expressed an interest in this pistol by PM prior to the other guy saying he'd have it. I was awaiting photos when he agreed to buy it. I never got the photos. I thought at the time it was because he had bought it. I don't know what's going on with this sale but it knocks your confidence on the fairness of sales on the forum.

Cheers, gromit.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thumbs down

New to this forum but did take time to read the rules "First to post at asking price gets priority" gazumpped I believe is the phrase!!!!

hello noobs

Read my post on this thread.

'If the deal falls through'

I have mobile access only till monday in a very poor reception area, and I am working 15 hour days.

I have asked Kathunet to contact me so I can hear ALL sides. I am waiting for a reply.

Now, THOSE NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED mind your own business, I don't do dirty washing in public! But I do let ALL sides have. Fair hearing!
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Read my post on this thread.

'If the deal falls through'

I have mobile access only till monday in a very poor reception area, and I am working 15 hour days.

I have asked Kathunet to contact me so I can hear ALL sides. I am waiting for a reply.

Now, THOSE NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED mind your own business, I don't do dirty washing in public! But I do let ALL sides have. Fair hearing!
    Hi Snooper601

Glad you're sorting this one out. I was not commenting on the deal per se, just the way it knocks my confidence in the fairness of sales on this forum. I believe I am entitled to make such comment and that it adds constructively to the forum.

atb, gromit
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Jumbo withdrawn from sale

I understand that Kathunet has withdrawn the Jumbo from sale.

He has internet access problems at the moment, which is why it's taken this long to sort.

I understand that the main problem was that Skychaser was going to destroy a rare and working pistol for spares, by his own admission.

How many people would be happy if a buyer told them he would destroy a classic after purchase?

All the extra trouble has made the decision not to sell at all easier. Even though I lose the oportunity to replace a stolen memory I understand this is the best option available for Kathunet.

Cheers

John

Hello

I agreed to buy this pistol regardless of the damage specified in the original post. I didn't want to wait to see the photos because at the price offered at it was worth it in spares. Not that I had any intention of breaking it.

I wrote to the seller every day, so keen was I to purchase, with no response, until I was told I didn't have it after all!

Snooper601 needs to get his facts straight before he comes on as the barrack-room lawyer. Withdrawn from sale or sold to Snooper601 I will never know. Suffice it to say I would not deal with either party again.

Also this episode has carried on far enough. I shall not post on the matter again.

Regards, Skychaserltd

[QUOTE=skychaserltd
    Snooper601 needs to get his facts straight before he comes on as the barrack-room lawyer.

PARAGRAPH BELOW LIFTED FROM POST 6!

Quote:Originally Posted by skychaserltd
    Ok sam I will have it anyway as I could use it for spares anyway regards andy WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Withdrawn from sale or sold to Snooper601?

WITHDRAWN FROM SALE FOR THE GOOD OF THE BBS NOT SOLD!

I would not deal with either party again.
    THAT WORKS BOTH WAYS
    WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WOULD DEAL WITH YOU, EVER???

Also this episode has carried on far enough. I shall not post on the matter again.
    FINALLY SOMETHING WE CN AGREE ON

Regards, Skychaserltd[/QUOTE]

SEE CAPITALS ABOVE I am on a mobile that can't do clever text formatting.

Cheers

John