Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record Jumbo .177

Hi John (Snooper601)

I've read the same posts you have here and it seems pretty clear to me. You have latched on to a small part of one reply in someone else's correspondence that you were not privy to. Skychaser seems pretty clear on his intentions and there is nothing in the extract that contradicts it. To compound this error you've gone off on a crusade about breaking up classic pistols to justify what appears to be a gazumping exercise.

By the way, if you are still looking for a Jumbo pistol I've got one I might sell to you. I feel sorry for you as this affair seems to have hit you hard. It wouldn't be cheap though.

Cheers, Gromit.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hi John (Snooper601)

I've read the same posts you have here and it seems pretty clear to me. You have latched on to a small part of one reply in someone else's correspondence that you were not privy to. Skychaser seems pretty clear on his intentions and there is nothing in the extract that contradicts it. To compound this error you've gone off on a crusade about breaking up classic pistols to justify what appears to be a gazumping exercise.

By the way, if you are still looking for a Jumbo pistol I've got one I might sell to you. I feel sorry for you as this affair seems to have hit you hard. It wouldn't be cheap though.

Cheers, Gromit.
    I think you have a poor grasp of the meaning of the word 'Gazumping'
    It relates to. Making a higher offer than the asking price.

Read my original post, all I offered was to buy if the first deal fell through. The extra info was there for any other Jumbo sellers to see I was looking for one for a specific reason.
    I may have 20 pistols but NOT more than one of each model, which allows others to own the same types, avilability is better if people don't hoard or break good ones for spares.

As far as a 'Crusade' is concerned I wanted to see if my views were out of synch with the BBS members. Results, so far seem to back my view, with fair provisos about availability of parts.

Kathunet and I were in a no win situation, and after various communiction from all parties involved, selling to myself or the other buyer was not an option.

BTW breaking for spares was not the only reason for the deal failing, Ranting/abuse does not win deals, in PMs or open threads.

PM me with details of your Jumbo if you are serious, but price was the issue here as many have been put up in the past and not gone becuse they were too high.

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 26-08-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

The Record has been withdrawn.

The correct thing to do if you are unhappy with a deal it to PM, Baz, Snock, delta1, or BTDT.

Also please do not direct any animosity you may feel over this towards, Snooper601.