Thread: Long range airgun shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As Pete said "Harry" thought he was beyond the rules even though admin were lenient in explaining to him about Foxes and airguns, others have had permanent bans for it with no second chance

Plus he has been enjoying slagging this forum (I am told) so why would he want to get back on here anyway

I have shot 8 pellets (magful of Bismags in a Career) into a pepsi bottle cap at a measured 100yds, rifle was set at 47ftlb, this was off Landrover bonnet and no noticeable wind (in a valley) I only did it once but it was quite easy to be honest, as Terry has said I would expect consistent similar results would be hard to do, I tried it on paper at same range at another time when it was a bit windy and I got around a 6 inch group

27ftlb out to 150yds, I know I couldnt shoot consistent 1.2 inch groups, I can shoot under an inch with my 22/250 but thats a different ballgame with 50grn "pellet" at 3800fps
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

50 metres from the English Channel. Worthing
    Not being picky here (yes I am) why isn't this thread in the airgun related section?

For the life of me, advancing towards the portals of senility by the way, what use is long distance air rifle shooting?

Half the enjoyment is getting as close to the quarry as you can before taking it out quickly and efficiently.

I once got within 15 yards of a dustbin before the bluddy bin men came and emptied it.
    Easily led

It is in the airgun section
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    It is in the airgun section
    Am I leading a double life? Whoops. I blame the box of fermenting dates at lunchtime.

Easily led

Quote Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
    Am I leading a double life?

Only 1 account per person!

I moved it shortly after Baz replied.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Only 1 account per person!

I moved it shortly after Baz replied.
    Cor, forra minute I thought I'd caught that deja vu bug that's going around.
    Easily led