I would have thought trying to get a 1" group with any [light] projectile at 100 yards using air gun speeds would have been an exercise in futility if there were any sort of breeze or wind.

Wouldn't you need a warm - dry - windless environment to do this? Which by default will mean somewhere overseas?

From what I've heard this Harry chap is a credible individual with an earned (good) reputation. I understood he was banned on the strength of what he said he shot with [FAC grade] air rifles. There is, after all, a sticky in the Rimfire section that clearly states Banning follows discussion of shooting specified quarry with air rifles. Zero tolerance too.

That said, don't we all deserve a second chance? If he has the limitations of posting here explained to him, (if he hasn't already) perhaps he could be allowed back to discuss his methods? One thing is for sure. He has a significant envionmental advantage over anyone shooting in the UK ......

Unless you know someone willing to let you use firearms in an aircraft hanger. <windless 100/150 yard range>