Thread: Long range airgun shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    You are aware both Gary and Terry write for the same airgun magazine publishing company that published Harry's article

I don't really know where that puts opinion, on the one hand the magazines are truthful and honest and on the other Harry's article was a work of fiction?

Hell now even I'm puzzled

Richard
    Don't be too puzzled Richard. I'll help you.

The editor published what he thought was the truth. It may well be, I haven't read it. TD and I have issue with what was posted on here, not published in the mags.

Glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Don't be too puzzled Richard. I'll help you.

The editor published what he thought was the truth. It may well be, I haven't read it. TD and I have issue with what was posted on here, not published in the mags.

Glad to help

Fair point

Let me ask a different question though.

Can you shoot a 1/2" group at 50 yards with a 12ft/ib rifle?
    Can you shoot a 1" group at 100 yards with a rimfire or centrefire?

I suspect the answer to both is yes?

What I'm really interested in is what condition would stop a 24 ft/ib rifle shooting an inch at 100 indoors?

With a projectile of the correct BC, suitable rifling twist and consistent launch it has to be possible.

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Born Again Guest
    Who's interested in trying long range air rifle and who's interested in scoring points over other BBS members ?

I suggest anyone interested in the shooting bit go away and try it for a while, then we can all meet up here, in this new section, in a weeks time and compare notes.

Those interested in scoring points and insulting each other can stay on this thread and watch it get deleted as did all the others.

See you here in a week