Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
Well, Sagres for one is at least reporting he has achieved it. (See the 1st post on this thread) .
But he isn't, is he? He was shooting at 100 yards, not 150, where, after many, many attempts he reported 'I managed to get 1.5 inch group, then called it a day. It may have been luck,probably was but I certainly am not marksman, and couldn’t replicate that same group the next day, but got groups between 4 and 5 inches.'

This is a long, long way from any sort of consistent grouping at 150 yards, Zico, and a world away from producing reliable, hunting standard accuracy at such a range.

I'm sorry, and I think you'll find that I was always respectful to Harry during his short time on here, but having extensively researched this area of airgunning, I don't believe it's possible to produce reliable, humane accuracy, under field conditions, at 150 yards with any 27ft.lbs. air rifle.

Experimental grouping is tremendous fun and pushing the limits of performance is what I do as part of my living, but using a live animal as a target is just not on. There are too many variables.

Hunting is not about what's technically, theoretically or occasionally possible, it's what really happens when you squeeze that trigger. At 150 yards, in the real world of hunting, what's really most likely to happen is a wounded animal.