Thread: Long range airgun shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE THAT EVERYONE IS FIGHTING/ ACCUSING AND OR ARGUEING.......

!!stop the banning its WORSE than anything we can say or print on this forum!!
    If i didnt have a Falcon i would have a Rapid

What some people need to realise about long range shooting is that it's only meaningful if you have a reasonable degree of control over where the pellet or bullet strikes. There are cut-off points, depending on range and equipment where the whole exercise degenerates into a game of chance. Eventually you may as well be rolling 5 dice to see how long it takes for them all to come up sixes.

I politely asked Harry to tell us about his methods for reading the wind and applying corrections ( before I came to the conclusion he was full of it ) and he didn't choose to reply. Not because he was banned either, he had enough time to write a number of long rambling posts in the meantime, while ignoring the question.

Quote Originally Posted by M4 Carbine View Post
    What some people need to realise about long range shooting is that it's only meaningful if you have a reasonable degree of control over where the pellet or bullet strikes. There are cut-off points, depending on range and equipment where the whole exercise degenerates into a game of chance. Eventually you may as well be rolling 5 dice to see how long it takes for them all to come up sixes.

I politely asked Harry to tell us about his methods for reading the wind and applying corrections ( before I came to the conclusion he was full of it ) and he didn't choose to reply. Not because he was banned either, he had enough time to write a number of long rambling posts in the meantime, while ignoring the question.
    Or ignore what I said, because M4 summed it up better and more neatly in a couple of paras!!

I think I've caught Harry's rambling disease.

Quote Originally Posted by M4 Carbine View Post

He did the same with me when I asked where he got his pellet wheights from and his energy at 100 and 150 yards with the JSB he was useing as it was about 70% up on reality.

Ben

Born Again Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bengarzy View Post
    He did the same with me when I asked where he got his pellet wheights from and his energy at 100 and 150 yards with the JSB he was useing as it was about 70% up on reality.

Ben

I understand that Harry tested the ballistic mathematics for Chairgun in association with the equations American author.

Ben, do your own figures allow for 4000ft altitude and the air temperature that Harry shoots at ?

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I understand that Harry tested the ballistic mathematics for Chairgun in association with the equations American author.

Ben, do your own figures allow for 4000ft altitude and the air temperature that Harry shoots at ?
    Wouldnt know, Terry and I live in the real world so it wont have been a factor, but how ever high his altitude his projectile weights were wrong too so hes probably all theory and uses some one elses chart instead of actualy bothering to see if its correct (and in a lot of cases its miles out)

Ben