Thread: Long range airgun shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking 100 Yards

I think this is great, groups like this at 100 yards. But can't hit a 40MM disc at 38 Yard. These boys must be the next SAS recruits. But make sure the targets over 95 yards.

George

Quote Originally Posted by AAS410 View Post
    I think this is great, groups like this at 100 yards. But can't hit a 40MM disc at 38 Yard. These boys must be the next SAS recruits. But make sure the targets over 95 yards.

George
    Please explain this one for me george, sure hope your not having an unfounded dig at my claims . I'm sure we could arrange a measured indoor 38 yard shoot off at a 40mm disc, if you like.... And no need for any fancy bench rests either, here we could even do it standing or kneeling if you like .

Checked the distance in Chairgun for the range I shot at. Assuming a 15' upward shot, and rifle combro'ed yesterday averaging 795fps with exacts (792 - 799 over 5 shots),drop average was 20 inch (2 sheets of a4 taped together longwise, dot at top of one, pellets hitting bottom of other) distance was between 92 and 94 yards.

Even left the bench and the chair I used to set up the targets on(it was , thats I why I used it ,before any accusations) where I'd used them, if you fancy giving it a go, before ripping out snidey comments.