Having looked down a few threads and not seen Blaser mentioned, thought I would put my thoughts down about my R93 Luxus in 22.250.

Have had this barrel for two years now (the stock shares itself with a 6.5 x 55
barrel for deer management) previously had a .222 barrel and sold it as I fancied a change in calibre. I had a Krico before I bought Blaser and its double trigger was a constant worry to me when out lamping foxes at night - never seemed to know whether my finger was on the right trigger or even the trigger guard for that matter so I was glad to get shot of it.

Perhaps what I like about the Blaser is the ability to change barrels over in less than a minute and indeed change the scope over for the appropriate calibre without losing zero.

I shoot with a Nightforce 12-42 x 56 for the 22.250 with PES moderator and a Swarovski. 6 - 24 x 50 with the 6.5 x 55 barrel.and a PES moderator and swivell Harris bipod.

With this 22.250 I first tried Nosler 55g ballistic using Varget at 100 yrds and one load made up with Varget almost put hole in hole - rushed back home to duplicate this wonder bullet and try 5 shots at both 150 and 200 yds.
The groups started to widen at 150 yds to around 1.5 inches, I had done everything right, the barrel had been cleaned, waited two minutes between shots increasing by a minute for each subsquent shot, I inspected the target and noticed that the holes were not exactly round. Put the target out to 200 yards and the grouping was terrible - but I did find the problem, the bullets were losing stability in flight. So made up some rounds with H414 and the groups were good throughout the ranges. However if you are a homeloader you will know the feeling when I thought that perhaps I should try
yet another powder, so along came H380. This was the powder that Hodgson made and put through his 22.250 with 38 g of powder and was astounded by the results hence the name H380. So I thought if it was good enough
for...and that is exactly the weight I put through mine I now use a 55g Combined Technology silver tip. 12 thou back from the lands which gives me a longer COL than I should have (Ho hum) using Norma Brass.and
Federal Gold Medal Match primers

The Blaser (no matter what model you get) is expensive, but you get what you pay for - german engineering, No its not a bench rifle its a hunting rifle and everything feels right when you handle it which in turn gives the shooter
confidence. Some of my friends have a Remmy, Styr, Sako and a Tikka - I have shot them all - can't knock any of them but always glad to pick up my own again - it come down to that feel in your hands.

Here is a piccy of a target I shot today with 5 shots - rifle is zeroed in at 200 yds but could'nt be bothered to walk the
muddy field that far, so just clicked it down for 150 yds

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...50at148yds.jpg

I have never shot bench rest so have no idea even how to measure a group - the lines on the target are 1/2 inch apart
if that helps anyone. I just think for an old codger (60+) tis good enough for charlie in the engine room.

This pic is the offending weapon.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/DSCF0245.jpg

And finally my new baby - the one on the left - sold the one on the right

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=DSCF0200.jpg