Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any serious freaks on here?

Cleaning was tricky when I first started but I have it sorted now

I pump them with Fairy liquid and a lambswool mop, wash it out, dry with kitchen towel on a stick, blast through with compressed air, squirt in the Ambersil and put them away to next time.

Filthy flint locks get rinsed and brushed, compressed air to get them 100% dry then Ambersil. I swear by it.

Barrels that always pull rust have rust pits, I soak overnight in organic acid to remove all trace of rust, dry well the soak in Ambersil while it can still get right to the bottom of the empty pits. Sorted, no more rust.

you are not one your own

I started collecting when I was 10yrs.My dad bouught me a 2 band enfield ,later when I had my own ticket I had to bribe him to trans it.
    I have around 12 bp items on my ticket and I try to shoot them all plus I have a few off my ticket ready to shoot if needed (upon putting them on the fac)
    My collection nearly caused a divorce until I found a way of fueling my obsesion and putting them to work.
    You have some nice item and I hope you carry on with it
    Cheers Glyn
    Tie two birds together and though they have 4 wings they cannot fly.......But great for an easy shot
    .20 Daystate Harrier SE
    .22 rimfire a 525 semi auto (for those rats that dont go down)
    .454 Rogers and spencer black powder revolver
    .577 parker hale two band enfield rifle
    .577 parker hale three band enfield rifle
    410 over+under investarm shotgun
    9mm converted 303 lee enfield
    9mm stevens garden gun
    .45 colt walker revolver
    .and a few more.

how many shoulder replacements have you had impressive stuff

Well I do own a P.H.Enfield 3 band and a repro Enfield single band but nothing as big as that mother. I'm a Martini man. Got a few of them.
    Silly question but why does a big bore like that need such a big lock? I know it keeps it in scale but would not a regular lock do the same thing? I confess to being a M.L. novice and I have yet to fire the two I do own.
    Barry
    New Zealand
    Attached Images Attached Images

dog man Guest
    ive just got one atthe moment its a wallis muzzel loading 8 bore i take it out shooting quite a bit, good for the geese, cant beat the smell of black in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by barryeye View Post
    Silly question but why does a big bore like that need such a big lock?
    Hi Barry

It's just the way they did it, even the trigger is way oversized (unlike the military version). Here's a pic of it next to a specimen gun

http://www.robinhewitt.net/wallspec.jpg

Robin

Very impressive. I would not like to be looking down the muzzle end for real.
    Thanks
    Barry