Thread: Eliminator Problem

JKOrrock Guest

Eliminator Problem

Hi All, it's been a while.....a couple of large projects, a corporate restructure and an MBA are keeping me (very) gainfully employed. The new site looks great, congrat's to the team....

My ex-eliminator is behaving badly in the hands of the new owner, the problems to date have been:

1) Replace main sear, the problem being an 'auto-fire' issue (fortunately the first time with the barell closed, and after that unable to cock it)

2) Shredded breech seals (the disintigrate within 100 shots, and have been replaced with Theoben supplied replacements...same problem)

3) Snapped barrel pivot pin, the groups opened up and the new owner noted barrel play....the pin had sheared and will now have to be surgically removed

Now my mate is a pretty fatalistic kind of guy, reckons that this is simply fate teaching him patience. Me, I would have had sense of humour failure.......as it is I would not have sold it to him had I known this was going to happen. The sear was a known issue and he was happy with this, the o-ring and pin issues were not on tha radar at the time of the sale and are a cause on minor irritation at this stage.

I have emailed Martin Rutterford (whom I might add was most helpful at the time of the sear issue, sent a replacement pronto) for comment, and Cecil has sent him a formal report with pic's. We are awaiting his response at this point.

I guess my question is "is there/was there" a batch of rifles of dubious origin ex-factory? I have seen a couple of posts that have had similar issues, but has there been a formal communication to this effect?

Thanks in advance....just wanting to line up the facts.

Re: Eliminator Problem

Originally posted by JKOrrock

I guess my question is "is there/was there" a batch of rifles of dubious origin ex-factory? I have seen a couple of posts that have had similar issues, but has there been a formal communication to this effect?
    There was a member from America who had a problem with breech seals and I think you have read his posts.

Cannot recall reading any formal communication relating to the problem in the mags, on the Theoben website or here.

However, I do hope you get your problems sorted out asap.

If time permits, could you post back here about the remedial measures taken?

Thanks.

Rustam

JKOrrock Guest
    Hi Rustam, nice to hear from you.

I will post the outcome, just awaiting Martin's response (emails sent 23/2/2004).

Thumbs up

Thanks.

JKOrrock Guest

Update

No reply has been received by either Cecil or myself from Martin using his AOL address, possibly defunct but no returns received....both my email and Cecil's document complete with photo's have just been forwarded to the Theoben email address.

Can anyone confirm whether Martin is still visiting/posting, I know he was last year?

Thanks in advance.

JKOrrock Guest

Further Update

Martin has responded to Cecil, indicating that he will send out a new breech pivot bolt and set of stock screws. Once recieved we will fit and see where we go from there.

I remain unsure what the cause of the problem was/is, let's hope is does not rematerialise.

Kind thanks to Martin (Theoben) for his response, much appreciated.