Thread: PCP's....kick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Most PCP do Kick

I have a .22 FX Gladiator set at 12fpe

If free standing very little recoil is felt but if the gun is bench rested their is a noticable jump which is due to the hammer spring rather than general recoil.

So if one could come up with a solution to generate a equal reaction EG: a Wiscomb two springs moving in opposit direction one would have a very accurate rifle.

Over to you Ben Tayor

PS The daystate mk3 i have tried had no recoil EG: electronic trigger.
    FX Gladiator .22 AirmaxSR12 6x18-44mm Hawke
    BSA Supersport .22 3x9-40mm Hawke. BSA Scorpion Pistol .177 1.5 x 20mm scope
    Theoben Sirrocco .177 3x9-40mm Hawke. Webley Alecto Pistol .177 2X7 x 32mm bsa scope

There is noticeable recoil, but only if you're able to apply a large amount of stillness to your position.
    If the rifle has a poor lock-time, and/or a particularly long barrel you may experience it knock you a few millimetres of target, and subsequently miss.

Things like being un-regulated and having a blank muzzle would probably make a difference, but given I generally avoid un-regged rifles for target work I've never spent any particular time assessing these theory's.

Steyr fit stabilizers for a reason, and I'd be interested to try out one of the LG100 High Powers, which did not have one fitted and compare.
    If you want to experience dreadful jetting, try a regulated Daystate MK3 .177. It might have been to do with the sleeved brake fitted to the FTR as standard, but the jump was exceptionally awful.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Recoil

I've felt recoil with my old MK3 before it went into a heavier stock and my Dommie will jump a bit if I take the lead weights out of the stock. My MK3 was pretty hold sensitive in it's lightweight stock.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Steyr fit stabilizers for a reason, and I'd be interested to try out one of the LG100 High Powers, which did not have one fitted and compare.
    If you want to experience dreadful jetting, try a regulated Daystate MK3 .177. It might have been to do with the sleeved brake fitted to the FTR as standard, but the jump was exceptionally awful.

High, this is my first message and English is not my mother languish so sorry for any errors.

I have the LG110HP 40joule in 5.5 and there is a small recoil when you shoot.
    You have to try really hard to notice, I think its the noise that makes you imagining things If i dry fire there is no recoil from the spring.
    I placed on my gun two pellets one on top of the other and fired, they didn't move more than .5mm and still stood in balance.

you will get recoil in a pcp as you do in any gun when you pull the trigger you cause an action that is the hammer being pushed by the hammer spring the momment it hits the valve stem it stops you would not be able to see this it happens to quick then you get the blast of air that air stops mommentarily till it opens the pellet skirt to shove it down the barrel try putting your cocked pcp on a table pull the trigger and watch it jump even without a pellet in it.

Paul
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    you will get recoil in a pcp as you do in any gun when you pull the trigger you cause an action that is the hammer being pushed by the hammer spring the momment it hits the valve stem it stops you would not be able to see this it happens to quick then you get the blast of air that air stops mommentarily till it opens the pellet skirt to shove it down the barrel try putting your cocked pcp on a table pull the trigger and watch it jump even without a pellet in it.

Paul
    Don't forget to breathe

My Skan doesn't recoil much at all when dry fired (i.e. no firing pin & no air) But it certainly does when shooting normally. I can only conclude that the recoil from the rearwards action of the 'piston' is negligible, it's the pellet and air release that make the difference.

you deffo get a recoil from the hammer and excessive air upon an fac career. no doubt about it , but its hardly noticable upon something like a aa s4*0 and nothing upon my daystate mk3 electronic either.
    grim reaper to the bunny population!!

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    go an have a go of a .300 RUM!