ok with my 57ft/lb shooting 31grain barracudas, recoil is felt. my groups are much better when i hold the gun snug and fit rather than light recoil and i use a small sand bag underneath the butt. what happens when i shoot long distances is usually this and i know right away that i called the shot incorrectly. When i squeeze the trigger the reticle jumps and does not return to the original Point of Aim thus i mark it on the logbook as an incorrect shot. in these cases the reticle usually returns to place where the pellet has hit further showing that the shot was not taken properly.

As soon as i squeeze the trigger the rifle butt moves slowly backwards and downwards since the stock is slanting thus sometimes i do throw one or two shots above the group that had formed so nicely. i regret that i never had a stock made with a flat butt like those used on F class because the slanting stock is not good enough for the precision i try for and when you do everything perfect, you read the wind, you dial the correct elevation, recheck the distance and then blow your shot high because of this, it is definately frustrating. i might get a monopod to sort this problem out really that waythe gun would notmove downwards.