Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gamo 10m Pistol Competition

russc Guest
    Hi

Just came across this thread - is it too late to join in?

I've had my Gamo compact a couple of years. One of the first things I did was to investigate the trigger adjustment. I havent changed the spring but found that the adjustment screw is the same type as those used to fix electrical switches / sockets to their plastic boxes.

After experimenting a bit I cut one of these bolts down from the original inch to about 1 cm , filed a new screwdriver notch in one end and replaced the original adjuster screw which , as has been pointed out , is too short.

As yet I havent had a missfire - going off when one closes the barrel - but the let-off weight is pretty light. Much better that as was originally supplied.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ
    feel free to join in, we seem to have had a few folk dropout of the last round, however as it is mainly for fun and practice with only a token prize then its not a problem.
    As you have no doubt read in the threads it is more about keeping the pistol in use.

I have had requests to look at opening out the competition, so after this one has run its course will look at what other pistols people are happy competing with, initially I am thinking just about anything except pcp, this would open it up to a bigger audience, and I believe would still leave the Gamo with a fighting chance in the right hands ( Snooper601 for instance seems to be making the gun very much his own!)
    Again welcome, and look forward to adding your scores to list list on or before the 25th.
    regards
    Graeme
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

November scores starting to arrive

Well done to serrowman with a new personal best, the practice is starting to pay off.
    Cheers
    G

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    I have had requests to look at opening out the competition, so after this one has run its course will look at what other pistols people are happy competing with, initially I am thinking just about anything except pcp, this would open it up to a bigger audience, and I believe would still leave the Gamo with a fighting chance in the right hands ( Snooper601 for instance seems to be making the gun very much his own!)

Graeme
    If you do open it out, I'd enjoy taking part with my Alfa CO2. Even though it carries a silly price in this country (if you can find it) it only cost a little more than the Gamo in it's native Czech Republic. Like the Tau, it is certainly not very exotic!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

have had requests to look at opening out the competition, so after this one has run its course will look at what other pistols people are happy competing with, initially I am thinking just about anything except pcp, this would open it up to a bigger audience, and I believe would still leave the Gamo with a fighting chance in the right hands ( Snooper601 for instance seems to be making the gun very much his own!)
    /QUOTE]

The IZH 46 would be another good candidate

Regards
    Paul

russc Guest
    Scores for Nov :

43 10 9 9 8 7
    40 9 8 8 8 7
    45 10 9 9 9 8
    40 9 9 8 7 7
    ---

Using Hobby CO2 Target

Nice going russc, scores updated.
    welcome aboard.
    G

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy

November scores

Done today,

10 10 9 9 9 = 47
    10 9 9 9 8 = 45
    10 10 9 9 8 = 46
    10 9 8 8 8 = 43
    Total = 181

Went 'off the boil on the last set, tired after HFT yesterday and started to wobble a little.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Shot my cards for November on Friday: 40, 42, 39, 40 = 161/200.

November Totals:-

I know I'm last & holding up the league but I seem to have only scored 13 in November???

Please pay attention as you were actually there when I shot the last cards!!!

Roger
    Enjoyment of the present is denied to those who worry too much about the future.

use:- roger34@btinternet.com as E'mail

Quote Originally Posted by serowman View Post
    I know I'm last & holding up the league but I seem to have only scored 13 in November???

Please pay attention as you were actually there when I shot the last cards!!!

Roger
    Are you sure Rog? Just checked and according to what I see it says 113.

Interestingly though I notice gaps in between the dashes which don't show when I try and edit them out.

Anyone else not seeing the fuull scores???

Rockphoon, Snooper601, score updated. Thank you.

With a score of 181 I don't think you need any excuses Snopper! Well done.

Rockphoon, nice to see you are maintaining your higher scores as well.

by the way if someone on here knows how to set a Poll let me know, I can't figure it out and want to set one in regard to the next pistol competition. I will actually sponsor it to the extent of a voucher or payment of some sort to be used at the forum sponsors site, Ramsbottom. I tried to get a mod to pm me and run the idea by them but as no one replied I will go ahead and just do it anyway.

p.s. John where did you shoot your HFT, weren't at Kibworth by any chance were you?

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Rockphoon, Snooper601, score updated. Thank you.

With a score of 181 I don't think you need any excuses Snopper! Well done.

Rockphoon, nice to see you are maintaining your higher scores as well.

by the way if someone on here knows how to set a Poll let me know, I can't figure it out and want to set one in regard to the next pistol competition. I will actually sponsor it to the extent of a voucher or payment of some sort to be used at the forum sponsors site, Ramsbottom. I tried to get a mod to pm me and run the idea by them but as no one replied I will go ahead and just do it anyway.

p.s. John where did you shoot your HFT, weren't at Kibworth by any chance were you?
    Shepreth, 2nd in the recoiling, I would have done Kibworth as well if I had not been working on Saturday.

Wendover for the 2nd round of the Southern Hunters next Sunday

I ought to try out my 20mm kill Rat and my 15mm Squizzer HFT targets with the pistol for a laugh Not sure if 2 fpe will knock them down though.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

I was down at BAR on Friday and I just had to treat myself to a Compact... lovely gun and I have fancied one for quite a while, just need to find time and space to shoot it, and really need to find out how to ease of the weight of the second stage of the trigger... think I might even have a go at some of the comps on here...

Just a thought, what pellets are prefered with this gun as the ones in the tin that were with the gun are really bad, haven't found one skirt that isn't bashed.

Hi Photoguy
    glad you enjoy your new gun. A new pistol comp is starting on " another pistol comp " thread, feel free to join in, there is even a token prize involved!

My compact seems to have a dislike for "RWS hobby" pellets, occasionally it will not spit them out for some reason, I have like others found the r10's a better choice.

Cheers
    graeme