Thread: It's a girl I need help

Shaggy Guest

Talking It's a girl A Bowkett Girl

Just thought I'd let you all know

You all know I keep prattling one about how good Mr. Bowkett Rifles are & how nice my Super10 Carbine is right?

Well, I decided that to be fair I'd get a slightly lighter one for Hunting, or have 2 rifle's where I could use em both for Hunting & HFT should anything go wrong (I touch it & it breaks ) you know something that would keep me using the same rifle to maintain consistently in both area's of use

It was a hard choice, really (DIB) seeing as thou I already had a Bowkett'ed Carbine, I couldn’t get anything else other then a Bowkett'ed lovely. Granted it was hard to choose but, I decided on getting ANOTHER Super 10

It had to be the same but I wanted it different, so I asked Mr. Magic what he thought!? He said I know you like .22 but what about .177?

I now have a baby Girl I am the proud father of a Bowkett Super 10 in girlie cal, but it had to be a break from the norm so John sorted me a 16" barrel compared to the full length 19" (you know me, I do like to be different

he's given it the same works as before, it's loaded to high heaven with his spec Kit & put in a walnut Thumbhole stock that's going to do the job nicely I think? I was a bit worried it might not fit me ( I am a lanky sod so an extension is needed) & the one Trev's got seemed tight to grip before, But Trev did say it grows on you!, well I have had it all afternoon & the more I play the more I like.

Just thought I'd share my joy with you all not everyday you have a Girl is it

Now I have a pair of Bowkett Super 10's you'd think I'd be happy? I thought life would be easier now? but I am more messed up then before? I need help People.

Do I stick to my promise to shoot the .22 in HFT all year to prove .22 can compete against .177? or get the girlie on it

Do I put the Girlie onto hunting for a bit to learn how she performs, & leave the .22 where it is doing well

Do I change the stocks over & use the .22 in the Walnut for Hunting & the girlie in laminate for HFT

I'll post a pic later so you can see what you recon? Then maybe you’ll understand my Problem on what to do it's a hard life

ATB

Darren
    Last edited by Shaggy; 24-02-2004 at 09:12 PM.

glad you got it

use the .177 for the hft and hunting!
    you now have to get used to a completly different flight path of the pellet so stop typing bloo dy long posts and get out there and practice!

Darren,
    My Hornet in .177 should be here tomorrow. (at last)
    After shooting the .22 of yours I decided I liked the fit of the gun so much, I wanted one for myself. I did notice a drop off in trajectory in .22 though. (must fill it up next time!)
    I have ordered a Hawke Varmint 2.5x10x42 to go with it.
    Good luck with the girly calibre. Join the club!
    See you at Plymouth, and we can compare notes.
    John

Just knew you would fall for a girlie in the end Darren, they have that effect on all of us......well most of of us anyway!

jim

Shaggy Guest

Bowkett Super10 Pics

OK at last finally got the Pics up on the Web!

I know it's not my normal Super10 Stock but I am starting to as Trev said "before you know it it will have n grown on you"

So what do you think?

&

And finally

if you wanna look at the other Girlie pic's of this baby or My Bowkett Super 10 Carbine please feel free to click on the link & have a look round you can see all of them then.

www.picturetrail.com/shaggy_pack

ATB

Darren
    Last edited by Shaggy; 26-02-2004 at 10:53 AM.

mmm I thought that looked like a tiger ten Le stock....Makes a difference, but still has that function over form look. I had a Bowkett S10 with lightened reg and basically everything else to lighten and it did make a huge difference in handling. I imagine that the stock also improves things considerably. My intention was much the same as yours, however, there was that niggling doubt in my mind that whatever you did the blasted buddy bottle would still be visible.....

Still looks good though.....
    I do enjoy your post on what you have done by Bowkett so keep on buying

Alex

draftsmann Guest
    Originally posted by albrown
    mmm I thought that looked like a tiger ten Le stock....
    That's what I thought too, do you mind my asking where you got the stock Darren?

Adrian

Shaggy Guest
    Adrian,
    Sorry mate, that's classified INFO, I have to keep quite official secrets act & all that

ATB
    Darren