Thread: FWB P34 Match Pistol - info please

Smile FWB P34 Match Pistol - info please

I've been offered one of the above by a fellow club member at a very good price.

Given the reputation of FWB I don't doubt that the pistol will be extremely capable, but I'm not very familiar with them.

I've abused google a little and it's thrown up some bits about early and late models, although I don't know which this is and what the differences are. Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, I'd be needing a LH grip for it. I've heard talk of Morini grips, and it appears they only fit later models. I can't seem to find any LH grips that will fit the earlier guns..

Informative comments / links would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by theboymike View Post
    I've been offered one of the above by a fellow club member at a very good price.

Given the reputation of FWB I don't doubt that the pistol will be extremely capable, but I'm not very familiar with them.

I've abused google a little and it's thrown up some bits about early and late models, although I don't know which this is and what the differences are. Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, I'd be needing a LH grip for it. I've heard talk of Morini grips, and it appears they only fit later models. I can't seem to find any LH grips that will fit the earlier guns..

Informative comments / links would be much appreciated
    The P34 is a great pistol, not much to go wrong as long as you dont fiddle with it, I have an old P30 which is awesome, no trouble with it in over a year.
    You can order a Left hand grip from Edin Killie or Rinkformegrip, just google them. I have just an Extra large one for mine which cost around £120.
    Happy pistol shooting.

There is also a standard version & a SHORT version of the P34. IMO they are excellent air pistols, very reliable. Believe it or not I have repaired more due to regulater problems than anything else, but in the same breath the regulator is one of the most reliable fitted to any gun & I would highly recommend these air pistols!

L/H grips are not a problem, you can purchase various o/e size's, I believe Morini also make a grip for the P34 as it's listed on my FWB accessories list in both hands.

you can also get custom made grips if required.

Give Ian Gibb a ring at Centra UK Tele. 01483-756969, they are the FWB Official importers.

Hope this helps

Dave
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Thanks for the replies gents - very helpful

So now the grip issue appears to be sorted, can anyone shed any light on the model history? I'm really struggling to find anything on the net..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by theboymike View Post
    Thanks for the replies gents - very helpful

So now the grip issue appears to be sorted, can anyone shed any light on the model history? I'm really struggling to find anything on the net..

Cheers
    I stand to be corrected but the PRE charge FWB model history goes like this!

P30 first PCP
    P34 no mods or upgrades I know about!
    P40
    P44 latest model latest released, nice pistol, looked at one today!

There are of course various spring Co2 & single stroke pnematics as well!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Apart from the two barrel lengths, there are two main variants of the P34, and both have their own handbook and spares listings that can be downloaded from the Feinwerkbau site.

The first variant was known as the "two piece grip", and the later variant was known as the "single piece grip".

I recently bought a P34 with the "single piece grip" and it is easilly identified as the Morini grip is made from just the single piece of wood - much like the later P40 and the current P44 models.

The previous variant had the top part of the wooden grip affixed to the rear under part of the main frame, leaving the main two halves of the grip as an independant item - much like the earlier C20 and C25 CO2 pistols. This variant had a slightly different method of adjusting the grip rake as well.

You will need to identify the variant when you are buying the l/h grips as they are a different fitting, but it is possible to buy a "conversion" from RINK to fit the later one piece grip to the earlier "two piece grip" type if that is what you prefer. (RINK info provided to me by Checkmate Guns)

I am very impressed with my Blue P34 that came in the original FWB case with two cylinders, handbook with test card and tools etc.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-07-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The P34 pistol is heavier than the current P44 model and has a barrel shroud fitted, unlike the "retro look" current model that reminds me in some ways of the original FWB springers such as the Model 65/80/90 with its fully exposed barrel.

The loading hatch also acts as the cocking lever, and was colour co-ordinated with the two original cylinders supplied with the pistol. These were originally red, and later blue, but other colours and shades have been seen as well.

The black paint around the main frame is not the best and has been seen to bubble and flake off, but this is easilly fixed as the alloy can be re-primed and spray painted to return the pistol to prestine condition.

The cylinders have a peculiar tapered end towards the manometer, but this distinctive feature suites the P34 and they can still be bought new if you have any with close expirey dates.

The P44 cylinder also fits!

I shoot with the P30 and the P44, FWB are so reliable no one ever wants to part with them.
    We have 4 P34 in the club and are always on the lookout for more, but as I say they are like hens teeth.
    You cant go wrong with the custom grips, well worth the money.
    Regards
    Bob

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Did anyone else notice that the original thread was posted 5 years ago?

I do so love blasts from the past two fwb p44 have come up for sale at the club over the past two months, the last one going for £550 in very good condition - not my cup of tea, but at that price a bargain

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

The date of the first post on this thread is not too important - other than being a bit late for the member seeking advice on buying one! I hope he did buy one and that he is enjoying using it.

The P34 is a great pistol that still performs very well and has a strong following.

A good P44 at the sort of price one sold for in your club is indeed a bargain for such a solid and reliable pistol that has seen very few changes since it first came out - let me know if there are any more going at this price!

The latest type of P44 has the new Minelli grip which I personally prefer to the very good Morini type originally fitted - so much so that I called Feinwerkbau and bought one to fit my older P44. ( delivered inside a week). This sort of fast response from Feinwerkbau is another reason why they remain so popular. They are very unlikely to fail, but if they ever do the speed of response is first class, and the cost of the parts is very low.

It is unlikely that FWB will have any Minelli grips made for the P34 or any of the other previous models, but I was using my P34 last night and find the later one piece Morini grips to fit me very well - and yes the P34 remains a very good reliabale and accurate match pistol with a superb and fast spare parts service direct from the factory to support it.

It is a bit heavier than many of the newer designs, but some prefer it this way and it suites those that like a slightly heavier pistol

The demand for these P34 pistols is high because they work so well, and very few owners want to part with them. It is getting harder to find a good one at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-07-2011 at 12:44 PM.