Thread: Got the EV2 out last night @ 100 yds WOW

toeknees Guest

Got the EV2 out last night @ 100 yds WOW

.957 outside to outside. Using JSB express, leupold 6.5x20, no wind. Had one that started out great( don't they all) at .755 till the last one then 1.020". I know this gun will do better. Better rest and smaller aimming point. Not too shabby for a 12ftlb gun. I post a pic as soon as I can. The only whitness I have is "Beemer" my lab. He's pretty honest.
    This gun stacks right up at the top of the heap. I know my USFT will beat it but that gun pushes 20 ftlb's. Those guys across the pond only shooting 12 ftlbs are some great wind readers. It doesn't take much at that power level to move things around.

Toe-Knee Ess

You need a signature from your witness!!

That is good shooting..what were the conditions?
    And did you sort your pellets?

Oh..and Hi!...Welcome to the BBS....And England!

Mike.
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

toeknees Guest

RE EV2 Shooting

conditions were dead calm about 72 degrees F. I was using a pretty stable shooting bench but not the greatest rifle rest. I did not sort my pellets much more that looking at them when I was loading them. This group was the best of three groups that I shot that night.
    Thanks for the warm welcome
    Tony S

colingeaton Guest
    Batch weigh your pellets to wring that last little bit of variation out of the equation

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by toeknees View Post
    I did not sort my pellets much more that looking at them when I was loading them.
    Thanks for that, I won't be wasting any time with the scales if you can do that sort of group with a quick visual inspection. The wind is the big factor with 12 ft/lbs, at 100 yards must be like launching paper gliders.

Quote Originally Posted by toeknees View Post
    .957 outside to outside. Using JSB express, leupold 6.5x20, no wind. Had one that started out great( don't they all) at .755 till the last one then 1.020". I know this gun will do better. Better rest and smaller aimming point. Not too shabby for a 12ftlb gun. I post a pic as soon as I can. The only whitness I have is "Beemer" my lab. He's pretty honest.
    This gun stacks right up at the top of the heap. I know my USFT will beat it but that gun pushes 20 ftlb's. Those guys across the pond only shooting 12 ftlbs are some great wind readers. It doesn't take much at that power level to move things around.

Toe-Knee Ess

that is amazing, i have one of these and they are so cool, was doing coke cans at 75 yards, no prob! have you tried crossman prems 7.9's? they work well.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now