Quote Originally Posted by noddy6560 View Post
my first post.
this year i moved from my HW95 springer and invested in a BSA SCORPION PCP, the guy had it zeroed for me and i hardly had to touch the scope. What an extremely accurate weapon. my success rate has tripled. i tried lamping last year using a Logan lamp, but being a newcomer to the sport, i was lucky to get a shot off. But this year my stalking has improved and also my knowledge of my permission has grown, and i have determined route which i follow, which is also know to the wife should i be overly late., and this year i am hoping to be much more successfully with lamping, although now i wish i had a dimmer, can one be made or fitted to a login lamp.
Don't know re the dimmer but I dont see why not. The Deben one is nice in that it has an on/off switch and the rotary dimmer so you can mount it on the rifle stock if on foot or hold in your hand if in a vehicle.
I dont rate Logun and if you havnt got your stalking technique sorted then I think the low output from a logun will hold you back.

The two posts from Whitster and Hadaka Jimmy are top notch - suggest you re-read them and try and remember it all.

If you can, shooting from a vehicle is brilliant - especially if you are there for pest control as a 2 ton truck can get right close but you step on a twig and it will clear the field of coney