Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamping – my take on it.

I put this thread in here as it could easily have been lost on the main forum.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post

Pete.
    Nice one Snock, top man.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post

Pete.
    Yes right - thanks for that Pete - just to let you know your off my christmas card list you rotten b*gger

Great info mate I will certainly try your tactics.

Two very good guides - thanks for posting this info for other shooters gents - it takes time to write all this information in readable format but it's well worth doing when it's as informative as both your guides were - top stuff!

outshooting Guest
    Great post, to take time & write all that for other people the guy deserves respect

good advice, Thanks!

new to the lamping side of things and enjoyed reading this thread.hoping to get some practice in soon.thanks to the guys for their experience and time

Sharpshoot1995 Guest
    Does anybody know where to get lamps relatively cheap (£60 or less) that are mains rechargeable + go at least 200m. Also what do you do if you have found a hole, what distance can you go at and so on (please note I am shooting with a Weihrauch HW80 air rifle at full legal limit

Thanks for all your help

SMK B3-f(My first rifle!) Weihrauch HW80 with 3-9X40 Scope and
    Walther CPM-1 Olympic Match Pistol

lidl night vision scope with infrared

Bought one of these from lidl, cheap but excellent piece of kit, less than £100 (even if not advertised, ask manager, they often keep them locked up in the warehouse)
    I thought I was walking in empty fields untill I got one of these, it taught me my technique was crap. Using the infra red the bunnies eyes light up from well over a 100yds away, excellent for beginers and the more experienced! It lets you know when you have screwed up bigtime. But the rewards are great.

lamping

Fantastic thread , very well explained . thankx

Great thread, many thanks. Can't wait to give it a try.

A very good read. Lots to take note of.

Thanks to all those who took the time to post.

re lamping,

my first post.
    this year i moved from my HW95 springer and invested in a BSA SCORPION PCP, the guy had it zeroed for me and i hardly had to touch the scope. What an extremely accurate weapon. my success rate has tripled. i tried lamping last year using a Logan lamp, but being a newcomer to the sport, i was lucky to get a shot off. But this year my stalking has improved and also my knowledge of my permission has grown, and i have determined route which i follow, which is also know to the wife should i be overly late., and this year i am hoping to be much more successfully with lamping, although now i wish i had a dimmer, can one be made or fitted to a login lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy6560 View Post
    my first post.
    this year i moved from my HW95 springer and invested in a BSA SCORPION PCP, the guy had it zeroed for me and i hardly had to touch the scope. What an extremely accurate weapon. my success rate has tripled. i tried lamping last year using a Logan lamp, but being a newcomer to the sport, i was lucky to get a shot off. But this year my stalking has improved and also my knowledge of my permission has grown, and i have determined route which i follow, which is also know to the wife should i be overly late., and this year i am hoping to be much more successfully with lamping, although now i wish i had a dimmer, can one be made or fitted to a login lamp.
    Don't know re the dimmer but I dont see why not. The Deben one is nice in that it has an on/off switch and the rotary dimmer so you can mount it on the rifle stock if on foot or hold in your hand if in a vehicle.
    I dont rate Logun and if you havnt got your stalking technique sorted then I think the low output from a logun will hold you back.

The two posts from Whitster and Hadaka Jimmy are top notch - suggest you re-read them and try and remember it all.

If you can, shooting from a vehicle is brilliant - especially if you are there for pest control as a 2 ton truck can get right close but you step on a twig and it will clear the field of coney
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill