Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamping – my take on it.

tesco torch

Totally agree about the tesco torch, i have a deben tracer max (not cheap) and a night vision scope that i use on an S200, i used to use the deben on my HW100 as the gun was too heavy with the nightvision scope on it and use the nightvision for spotting with so only put the lamp on to shoot (10 secs max) i had read about the tesco torch but could only get one online (tesco direct) cost £17 delivered, i bought a flip up scope shade(£2.50) that fit perfect over the end of the torch and put some green filer paper in it, i bought a small bike pump from wilkinsons (£4.99) which had two plastic clips on it for attaching to your bike (just push on) i attached them to the torch and attached the torch to the silencer on my HW100 it fits perfect and does'nt move and the best of it all is it is a push button on the back of the torch to turn it on.... Ideal... this is every bit as good as my tracer max and a 4th of the price, this is all i use now!
    Have noticed when i bought the torch it was advertised as 3watt and now its only advertised as 1 watt...
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-8191.aspx

very good post

Good thread, very useful

Yeah.
    Great.
    Brill.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Yeah.
    Great.
    Brill.
    This sounds a little sarcastic to me mate. If that's the case then why don't you try getting off your arse and writing something useful for the other members on here and invest into the shooting community spirit rather than having little digs at the people who do, not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitester View Post
    This sounds a little sarcastic to me mate. If that's the case then why don't you try getting off your arse and writing something useful for the other members on here and invest into the shooting community spirit rather than having little digs at the people who do, not cool.
    Whitester, nice post.

I thought the post was excellent and made a simple comment.

lee-stroud very good post
    Annakin Good thread, very useful
    SteveH Yeah.Great.Brill.

I was agreeing.
    I thought your "beginners" post was great.
    So much so that I have got myself a lamping kit.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. Don't know why.

No offence taken.

As for investing in the shooting community spirit, I would suggest that again - you have got it wrong. I do do a fair bit believe me - trust me on that one

Anyway have a nice day - chill.

One thing that does puzzle me though is that I did not make that post yesterday and did not log on here yesterday - that was made a while ago.

being a newbie to lamping i was very impressed with the instruction in previous posts in this thread and on the advise of other was told about the tesco torches but have a look at the "deal extreme" web site,, free delivery on most stuff i think and reasonable cheap, they also do adjustable mounts to fit anything to your gun or scope

I find an orange filter works well!! but if you over lamp you may need to change colour

Some useful tips....Cheers

bunnys are savvy

Similar to my first go on a 48 acre prmission. I could have had 26 - and yup I got nil. Clipped one, possibly on the ear, but they were all pretty savvy.

One got behind a small tree trunk and it must have stretched up to go thin. I thought Id missed it run off, so I had a pop at the tree to see if I would have got it and it jumped from behind the tree and away.

It was also full moon and so I guess I did a few things wrong, Speeded up it would have looked like benny hill, as I really felt as I was chasing them all around. You learn quick by making mistakes!

GN

I have to agree with Lexus, www.dealextreme.com do some very impressive torches at very low prices.
    I have bought three of them for mountain biking and will definitely use them or lamping. Great post by the way. Thanks.

cheers lads its threads like these that keep us novices learning all the time

good post loads of usefull tips

lamping

hi guys, have just been reading these posts and have found them very helpful to a novice like me who is just getting started in lamping. keep up the good info

Stuck my Stinger on the Lightning a couple of weeks ago and used Powapells.These are shiny inside and look like tracer!!. Yep used the info from here about sweeping the area for a reflection, a bit like submarine hunting i guess, once you get a return from the eyes its 'game on'.
    I'm very familiar with my permission and i do have marker stones and sticks stuck around the place to aid with range estimation. Once located i switch off and move to red filter as that range is around 30m which is my zero so i get down into prone flick out the legs and give the light a quick flick to confirm its still there and make any final adjustments before taking the shot. Had some real success.
    During the time of last light about 40mins it seems the bunnies go in.
    Anyway i may get out tonight again.
    BSA Lightning with a bipod - Hawke niteye 3-9 x50 mil dot illum reticle. Daystate x2sports r - NVS4900 NV. Spare Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope.