Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamping – my take on it.

useful thread

Thanks for the advice all i'm pretty new to lamping so I hope your advice will increase my nighttime tally.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    If you pass the
    English boarder illegally you get a job, a driving licence, housing
    benefit,healthcare?????????????????????any where else you go to prison

I love a good lamping session and realy love taking hunting novices out and converting them to our rewarding sport, however with so much information to cram in a lot initialy put stealth way down the list of things to remember.I want everyone i take out to enjoy themselves and hopefully at the end of the night take something home for the pot but an inexperienced hunter wearing unapropriate footwear is never going to get close to a switched on rabbit.Because of this i spend as much time teaching newbies how to walk and what to wear as i do how to shoot acurately because what use is being able to shoot tight groups if every thing in the feild has scarpered before you get their.

Lamping

Great post,very useful imformation mate,will try out techniques tommorow night!!

great post thanx

i'll take you up on that¬!

i have tried the shotgun from the back of a landrover, and now i shall be trying your technique for a bit more skills cheers for the tips

lamping

i wouldnt dissagree with anything on there but i would recomend a red fillter for fox shooting, i find it a big help especially with the dimmer, unless you are lucky enough to shoot somwhere where the fox's have never seen a lamp but even then they can associate them with headlights and danger

I have never been out lamping, but after reading this I think I will try it!
    Sneaking about in fields in the dark sounds exciting!

Super

Lamping is great. I do it for fox hunting and was looking for someones experience with Rabbit.

I shall take on board and hopefully bag a few crackers.

New to the forum, was wondering what lamping was and now have a much better idea, thanks for such an informative post.

Something I might be able to add is that I have an led torch made by 4 sevens in the US. Takes 2 AA batteries so you can use rechargables to keep the cost down, and has a variety of power settings by just pushing the button on the end of the light, even has an ultra low power for night reading without messing with your night vision.

At full power its astonishing for it's size (205 lumens).

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/4seven...k-aa-2-r5.html

luckily i saw about the tesco torches about 3 weeks before they stopped selling them, bit daft really as they work better than the rest of their torches of same caliber but still cheap. dealextreme.com got a wierd little rubbery block with velcro for £2ish that works well with it on 1" and 30mm scopes which give you a quick release for hand held rather than daft plumber clamps lol
    aa s400 177, nikko sterling nighteater ir, jsb exact
    falcon raptor fn19 22, bsa contender, webley accupell

Talking lamps

Quote Originally Posted by mr_magicfingers View Post
    New to the forum, was wondering what lamping was and now have a much better idea, thanks for such an informative post.

Something I might be able to add is that I have an led torch made by 4 sevens in the US. Takes 2 AA batteries so you can use rechargables to keep the cost down, and has a variety of power settings by just pushing the button on the end of the light, even has an ultra low power for night reading without messing with your night vision.

At full power its astonishing for it's size (205 lumens).

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/4seven...k-aa-2-r5.html
    my mates got one of them not a bad little torch

enjoyed this article

Lamping

I'm inspired to have a go, having read this thread. Thanks

I also find this to be a very rewarding form of hunting. Makes all the time shooting targets at different ranges in different postions worth while. I use a deben pro max with a red flip up filter. I use the full beam for scanning the fields and the filter when target is within range. Seems to confuse rabbits and gives enough time to get a shot off. Am going to give the dimmer a try through. Ya dont know till ya try.