Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
Sorry Baldie - but do you mean the digital (ASPro for instance) adapter is thinner in 'depth of mount' OR thinner so can accommodate larger diameter eye-bells ?

Depth of mount. I don't know this, I've been told.

I established the Cobra Merlin DSA requires 33mm (but can be moved back upto 15mm or so). That's with the short lens blind.

The ASPro mount measured as 32mm from NV lens to mount lip...so I assume you mean the ability to fit wider or larger eyebells?

The distance between the front part of the fast focus eyebell adjustment ring, and the ramp for the detachable IR isn't long enough to accomodate a Merlin DSA ring.

I had (from another project) a modified plastic adapter ring with a missing segment that should have allowed the DSA to go over the ramp, but it didn't. If I 'forced it', the mount would have gone on, but the DSA wouldn't have been on square. The corners of the ramp just foul the I/D of the cage. If I were told the ramps were solid, I'd have happily filed them smaller (and lost the warranty obviously.) But having access to the scope would have been worth it. [They really are great!]

Best solution is a modified cage. I'm investigating this.