I want to qualify the posting of this thread in the general section, before a MOD moves it to the long range one or deletes it. The owner of the gun I was shooting today cannot access the long range section of the BBS, and so in that he may be able to comment or add to this post I've placed it in the general section therefor he and anyone else who may be barred or unable to veiw the long range section can read or comment on it.

I was up at my club's (Juniper Green) outside ground today. There were a few of us up there to try out some long range shooting and a little bit of tidying up. I had with me my Shandell 40+ (running around 33 ftlbs) and my GC2. The other members up there were Kenny (figjam) Neil (digitaldwarf) Neils brother, Don, and my Dad.
We have a set up backstop at 100 metres and so after a little bit of shooting on the normal range we decided to try for the long one. There were a few different targets up and with myself shooting at one and Kenny shooting at another we got on with it. I was using Kennys Steyr LG110HP with a Leupold 6-18x40 on top and Kenny was trying the Shandell. After a couple of shots we realised that we were getting some half decent groups so we went and put some fresh paper up and actually tried it seriously. After a couple of shot I realised I was onto a good thing and after 3 more decided to call it and go up and have a look. So we went up to the backstop and saw that I'd shot a half decent group, I managed to cloverleaf 4 shots and had one flyer, putting my drivers licence up for a comparison we took a pic group with license. Back at the firing point we got the measuring tape out and took a couple of piccies we also put in a pellet for a size comparison as well.
Piccie 1
Piccie2
Myself and Neil up at the target backstop

Afterwards we chronoed the Steyr and it was 11.25ftlbs at 115bar, I'd been resting on the clubs Targettronics PM-1 chrono, pellets were AA field 4.52 and they were straight out of the tin (most likely reason for flyer), there was minimal wind and I was picking my shots between what small gusts there were.

Incidently the Shandell was only giving us 3 shot groups then there would be flyers opening up the groups to 2 inchs or so, the pellets weren't selected or checked so at this power that would be the most likely reason for this. I'll weigh up a batch and get some good ones and try again.

Garrick