Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
Some nice shooting Garrick from 100 metres aswell , I'd be pleased with that group at half the distance . Three questions mate why did you feel the need to justify posting your IMHO Airgun related post in the Airgun related section and whats a SHANDELL and why are pals of yours unable to post in this section . I've not been following this ''Long range'' debate although I enjoyed the recent magazine article. I saw kenny's (Figjam)s name and read on....... Couldn't post a piccie of that SHANDELL mate could you so I can see what it looks like.
Hi mate

I wanted to justify it so that it had less chance of getting moved. Now there is a dedicated long range section it should really go in there, yet as I said, the owner of the gun I was using (Kenny) cannot view that section so I thought it would be a bit off for me to post up there about using his kit without him being able to read it. I ain't got a clue why Kenny can't post in the long range section, I know there was a lot of tooing and froing about Harrys posts so probably something to do with that, dunno why he would be banned/unable to view that section though, maybe a MOD will come along and explain? I've not been a follower of the Long Rage debate either so don't know the whole deal of what went before, but I got to say I thought it looked like good fun so had to try it. I'm always into trying things like this as it spices up a normal day at the range.

The Shandell is a Air Arms 100 series rifle that was converted by a bloke called Bob Shandell. They were designed to really push the envelope at the time and can produce power in excess of 40 ftlbs hence the name 40+. A lovely gun to shoot there were only 8 made I think, the one I have previously was owned by Terry D and as far as I know was made to his specs by Bob. There is another for sale in the firearms section for silly money and I'd have it in an instant but I'm struggling just now to afford pellets let alone a new gun

Garrick