Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA Pro-Sport

Lee S Guest

AA Pro-Sport

If I wanted to call up one of the 'big three' gun shops, and ask them for a "RH .177 Walnut stocked Air Arms Pro-Sport", how long would I have to wait, or would there be a good chance that I'd get one sent out that day ?? Have been looking on here and seen some horror stories about waiting times and being messed about with these fabled springers. I do fancy one though... Anyone ordered/bought one recently ?? Are they as good as everyone reckons ?? They look fantastic, I will say that.

They are as good as every one says, best out of the box spinger at sub 12 ftlbs. I used to have one and sold it to fund my PCP, big mistake, although I love my S310. I have a Pro Elite, but thats not as good as the Pro Sport at sub 12ftlbs, but it does come into its own on FAC power levels though.

The only way to check on availability is to phone. JSR will not take your order unless they have the stuff in stock. I know that from experience.
    When the S310 was at its most popular ever one seemed to be out of stock. So I offered JSR a deposit so I would get one when they next came in. They refused, saying that they would not take orders unless they had one in stock. You cant be any fairer then that now, can you?.

regards
    jim
    Last edited by boltaction; 26-02-2004 at 08:59 PM.

I bought one a few months back and I love shooting it. After shooting FAC pcps for a while now I thought it would drive me mad at the farm but I'm very impressed by how it handles as a hunter. I've accounted for more ferals in one session with the Pro-Sport than I have with multi-shot PCPs. Mine's walnut and 177 too.

Lee S Guest
    Yeah.. I have a S400K and a Daystate Huntsman Mk II, but after having a play with a mates springer, it brought back good memories and made me realise how much character and life they have in comparison to PCPs. Don't get me wrong.. the PCPs are fantastic rifles, but I have the 'springer urge' knocking at my head.... and if the PS is the best... I want one !!! Don't really want to wait 3 or 4 months though, but I guess I will have to if I want one that badly. <sigh> Is the outer shroud of the barrel metal ?? It looks slightly satin or matt compared to the main body...is it aluminium or something ? I'm asking with the view (if I get one...) of fitting a sling swivel. Thanks guys.

About 3 months ago, I ordered a .177 walnut Pro Sport at BAR and to my surprise they had it in stock .

Mario

ps for anyone interested in a modest review of the Pro Sport:

http://users.skynet.be/fa830879/airgunning/PS.html

yup check out BAR, cant fault em

Lee S Guest
    He He....I just read your other post Gaz... I guess you are over the moon with them at the moment, with that little lot on its way to you.

yup they sent me my MFR, my ratcatcher, my xocet, lamping filters, umm, logun gun mat, love em to bits! (in a professional customer friendly kinda way of course!)

Lee S

Try Target Sports in Bolton (tel; 0870 060 7331). I was in last week and they had two Pro-Sports on display, one walnut and one beech. Even if the walnut version is .22 I'm sure they would swap the action for .177 if they have one.

HTH

Richard S

kin Guest
    I ordered one Beech stock from BAR, should have it after a couple of days. (BTW thnx for the tips Mario)

Lee S Guest
    Thanks Rich.... I will have to have a phone around. My brain is saying "Stop you fool !! You have 2 super-duper PCPs. What do you need a springer for ?", but my heart is saying "The PCPs are no fuuun. Go on... get the Pro-Sport"...ha ha...I will have to see who wins the aforementioned battle. I know if I phone any shop to enquire I will end up buying.... <sigh>... I will probably call them before the week is out.

Bury_Boy Guest
    Lee.. my m8 bought one last summer in the spec you want and he mentioned yesterday he is selling. I bet he has only used it half a dozen times at the club. If interested mail me (in profile) and I'll do the intro's

Mark

I got my Pro-Sport at Westons in Brighton. They always seem to have good stock levels of these rifles - maybe because the Air Arms factory is only down the road from them. They do mail order too and their prices are normally very good.

Lionel

Originally posted by Lee S
    Yeah.. I have a S400K and a Daystate Huntsman Mk II, but after having a play with a mates springer, it brought back good memories and made me realise how much character and life they have in comparison to PCPs. Don't get me wrong.. the PCPs are fantastic rifles, but I have the 'springer urge' knocking at my head.... and if the PS is the best... I want one !!! Don't really want to wait 3 or 4 months though, but I guess I will have to if I want one that badly. <sigh> Is the outer shroud of the barrel metal ?? It looks slightly satin or matt compared to the main body...is it aluminium or something ? I'm asking with the view (if I get one...) of fitting a sling swivel. Thanks guys.
    Yes the outer shroud is metal, and unlike some other manufactures Walther Louther shouded barrels,it is really well made. Mentioning no names, but snakes come to mind!.

Dont be frightened about the construction quality of this gun.......it is SUPERB!.

jim

The PS I have came from BAR originally, BAR replaced the metal shroud with a carbon fibre one, got to be honest it looks great.

Just need to get out and use it now.
    "I'm an enormously talented man, and there's no use pretending that I'm not.."