Thread: AA S410E and Falcon FN 19

ssp551214 Guest

AA S410E and Falcon FN 19

I'd appreciate some advice from my European friends on whether there are any SIGNIFICANT differences in these two PCPs (reliability,accuracy, etc...). I'm in the market to purchase my first PCP. These two, along with maybe a Daystate, seem to be the most popular hunting PCPs in the US. I'm sure that folks who own one will claim that theirs is the better, but from the standpoint of one like myself who owns an AA TX200 springer, are the differences between the AA and the Falcon small in comparison to the difference between a springer and a PCP?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Scott

Kev. Guest
    Hi Scott, out of the three you have listed I would pick the Daystate at FAC level, but I would rather go for a Theoben Rapid over any of them.

I have owned the Air Arms and the Daystate at FAC, and definately prefer the daystate, but either way there both great. dont know about the falcon though my local gun place stopped dealing in them cause there were a lot of problems with them, they also stopped dealng with theoben, due to problems with warranty repairs etc, though theobens are very good they apparently give a lot of hassle on warranty claims, though I say apparantly as I am not speaking from personal experience . Just what my local RFD told me.

Shaggy Guest
    Scott,
    I owned a Falcon, & althou when plinking with it is was amazingly accurace, it didn't like waiting to be shot. mind you if it were it over 12ftlb it may be different, I wouldn't know about that, anyway I found it very diss heartning whenever I had to ajust the power, got it wet I found it a frigging nightmare getting it EXECTLY WHERE IT WAS PREVIOUSLY it was a pain in the **** havin to re-zero it after, I ended up putting 4 -5 marks around the stock by the trigger, it isn't IMHO worth the agro.

having said that I'd try if you can to have a go of the AA410 & Daystate, (you didn't say what modle Daystate you were thinking of?) so with that in mind I'd go for the 410classic.

do you want a single shot or Multi (I know the 410 is multi, but with the model of the daystate unknow it makes it harder to decide on

Hope it Helps?

DArren

Going by the chat on the U.S forums it seems the Falcons are considered 2nd to the Rapid in best PCP ( out of the popular airguns that are importd in any numbers) and definitely above the AA S400/410 series. Is this just the case of those who own the Falcons talking them up as I get the impression that over here they are considered okay but nothing special?

Gary C Guest
    Cracks me up

Anybody who thinks a Falcon is better than an AA is an idiot. The AA has better balance and a far better trigger. The fill filling mechanism is from a different planet.

Falcon wins on price, not quality or performance.

808Springer Guest

S410 and Falcon

I have a S410 Carbine and FN12 in FAC configurations. The S410 puts out 27 fp for about 18 good shots and it definately has a better factory trigger than the Falcon FN12. The FN12 is lighter, does 23 fp, and gets about 20 very consistent shots... Not to mention, it is a hell of a lot quieter than my shrouded S410 (no option for any moderator). I fill my S410 up to 195 bar and shoot it to somewhere right below 150 bar (the first couple shots hit 1/4" low at 20 yards). The FN12 gets filled to 200 bar and is still consistent past 120 bar. I think that the Falcon has superior valving to the S410. Both are great guns and the Air Arms is the more modern design (Falcons hardly changed since they were Titans).

I want to sell my S410 and get another Falcon... I guess I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by 808Springer; 29-02-2004 at 08:47 AM.

miller70 Guest

rifle

ive owned a falcon raptor 19 amazingly accurate a brilliant gun.
    ive owned a aas410 the same as above.
    ive owned a hw80 lazerglided fac an that was the best gun ive ever had in my possesion.
    my advice for wat its worth get in touch with ivan hancock/venom arms an get 1
    u simply wont look back
    cheers steve

adz Guest
    Im a Rapid owner so I would recommend that, but I have shot the AA S410E at 38ftlbs and it was an excellent gun, around 40 shots at that power, and accurate as you could hope for.