Thread: Full-Bore ranges near Stafford?

Full-Bore ranges near Stafford?

Hi,

I'm looking for a suitable range/club thats closer to Stafford than Minsterley. Does such a thing exist? I know about Wednesbury Marksmen but they just use Minsterley for full-bore rifle right?

I really would like somewhere where I can target shoot a .308 rifle; which will provide the good reason to get the FAC. Being able to take a probationer on is not essential but it will make things difficult if I have to join another club to be able to shoot there.

Thanks.

mr_colt.

Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol club near Burton on Trent now has a full bore section on its 100m range.

Also caters for gallery rifles & practical rifle & shotgun.

http://www.swadlincoterifleandpistolclub.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by mr_colt View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a suitable range/club thats closer to Stafford than Minsterley. Does such a thing exist? I know about Wednesbury Marksmen but they just use Minsterley for full-bore rifle right?

I really would like somewhere where I can target shoot a .308 rifle; which will provide the good reason to get the FAC. Being able to take a probationer on is not essential but it will make things difficult if I have to join another club to be able to shoot there.

Thanks.

mr_colt.

Leek Rifle club has a 100 yard tunnel, and also shoot at Thorpe (Dovedale) out to 500 yards.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...62640&offset=0

28 miles from Stafford.

Malc
    If you want to test the depth of the water .don't use both feet !

Quote Originally Posted by 303british View Post
    Leek Rifle club has a 100 yard tunnel, and also shoot at Thorpe (Dovedale) out to 500 yards.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...62640&offset=0

28 miles from Stafford.

Malc
    Hi Malc

Hope your well mate, we must meet up sometime soon its been far to long since we saw you.

N

Mr Colt......have you looked at Uttoxeter pistol and rifle club ? Right on your doorstep and is cheap as chips to join.

http://www.uttoxeter-rc.co.uk
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician .... "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"

range near stafford

hi mr colt, am watching the thread with interest ! i live near stafford and am after the same!

can you use a 22-250 on a range ?

Wednesbury Marksmen also have shoots at Kingsbury ranges 300 yards in the morning and 600 yards in the afternoon usually every a month and also cannock rifle club have monthly shoots there

Quote Originally Posted by junior111111 View Post
    hi mate, weres kingsbury ranges please

Link here:-

http://www.ar15.co.uk/ukshooters/range.html#kingsbury

Malc
    If you want to test the depth of the water .don't use both feet !

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    can you use a 22-250 on a range ?
    Uttoxeter rifle club's range is a standard 30yrd 1908 barrack range. The range orders allow the use of any weapon as long as the MV is less than 3275 ft/ sec and the energy is less than 5160ft, Max calibre is .577. 22-250 is fine as long as its operated within these parameters.

I'm a member at the club and run the range on many occasions, if you want some more info PM me or drop a mail to the club where the club secretary will respond. Uttoxter is open at least once a month, usually more frequently if members wish to use the range and an RO is free to run it. In the summer there are evening shoots twice a month + the standard Saturdays which generally go down very well generating a social gathering and even a BBQ sometimes!

If you’re looking for something a little more e.g. longer distance or go it large if you big stuff like 50BMG etc, Uttoxeter has an agreement with ODRC & FCSA which shoot at Kingsbury, Whittington (when it was open) Llansillin, Tyddesley Wood, and for the large stuff Sennybridge, Warcop and Lydd.

There is enough to suit all taste !
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician .... "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"

Leek Rifle Club

Has anyone got contact details for Leek Rifle Club.

leek shooting centre

renewals\membership
    mr ken green,
    tel 01782 533207.