Thread: Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated rifle scope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated rifle scope

Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated riflescope
    HAS ANYBODY GOT ONE OF THESE????? I might buy one and put it on new foxing rifle ...has anybody got one or tried one ?? Well i tried a night force nxs out lamping last Thursday truth i was not that impressed with its light gathering ....with a red filter on lamp nice scope for day shooting but bit iffy at night ,I hope some one has Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72 on a rifle i would like to no what its like....hope all could help .....VARGET

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back
    if its anything like a ziess ive owned,its light gathering capabilities are awesome

I haven't tried on, but it would concern me that with an objective that big the centreline is going to be awfully high above the bore.
    A little it of cant on a setup like that is going to make an awful lot of difference.

I have the 56 version. and have used it at night without a lamp! its an awsome scope! so the 72 should be even better!

Quote Originally Posted by VARGET View Post
    Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated riflescope
    HAS ANYBODY GOT ONE OF THESE

Well i tried a night force nxs out lamping last Thursday truth i was not that impressed with its light gathering ....with a red filter on lamp nice scope for day shooting but bit iffy at night
    A new reply to an old post but I agree with you about the N/F cos I've got one, I am looking to replace it. What did you end up getting a Zeiss?

That 72 objective lens should be awesome!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

The only guy I know of who has owned one of the x72 Zeiss scopes (Tony Price, he of Sporting Gun magazine), actually ditched the big Zeiss in favour of a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 for foxing use.

I have the 6-24x56 Zeiss, and it simply cannot be beaten in low light.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_W View Post
    The only guy I know of who has owned one of the x72 Zeiss scopes (Tony Price, he of Sporting Gun magazine), actually ditched the big Zeiss in favour of a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 for foxing use.

I have the 6-24x56 Zeiss, and it simply cannot be beaten in low light.
    Hi Alex, I currently own a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 and although it’s a lovely scope and I love it during the day light at night with a lamp it just does not let enough light in IMO.

I am looking for a replacement and the 6-24x56 Zeiss is the one that keeps being recommended. Can I ask on average what sort of mag can you use when out lamping (I realise the power and the maker of the lamp, whether using a coloured filter or not, brightness of the moon and the range are all factors to be considered) but let’s say an average night with red filter at 200 yards. Also what reticle do you use? And finally I am trying to get someone to allow me to have a look though one at night/with lamp before I buy one, Dunmow isn’t that far from me would you let me to look though it?

Ballie, I'd happily let you take a look through the Zeiss, but you'll have to bear with me for some weeks (it requires me fetching the scope and rifle from Scotland). Next time I am up there I will bring it back to Essex. My new Zeiss has the No 60 ret. I toom Robert Bucknell's advice and run all scopes on 9x for scouting for foxes, and then zoom in to about 12-14x if I need it. I don't take long shots under the lamp that require more mag. I use either white or amber-filtered light off a Lightforce 170 with 100w bulb.

I can offer you a peek through the Swarovski PV 6-24x50 that I have down here at present, but it is a common (but bl**dy good) scope.

i had zeiss that jamie g brought on here, i must admit the zeiss is a better night scope, i brought a 12-42x56 nxs. i have used it a couple times lamping and it is good but not as good as the zeiss is on light gathering, but gotta love the nightforce rets, unbeatable.

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anybody here has used the Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50. Im thinking of getting one. Whats your opinion on it and how would it compare to other suitable scopes for shooting fox with a 22-250? Is there anything that would be considered better value?