Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated rifle scope

Distance selling regs mean you have a 7 day cooling off period if you'change your mind' on web buys. Does not cover face to face purchases.

20PPC on UKV has both the 56 and 72 mm versions, says they are awsome.

My 7x42 BGAT binos compare well with a friends 8x56s, only difference seemed to be a bigger picture. Low light work was identical.

A

Zeiss 6-24x56

Thanks to everyone for their interesting posts...

I shoot F-Class up to 1000 yards my Zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 hasn't got enough magnification so I bought a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56..... Excellent magnification but the optics not as good as Zeiss.

I'm now thinking about selling the Nightrforce and buying a Zeiss 6-24x56 (with 43 ret) but need to take a look at one first to compare with my 20x & see if 24x is enough for my needs.
    Can't afford to make a mistake when you're talking somuch money...

Does anyone know a stockist near me or would anyone on the forum say within 50 miles of Marlow, be willing to let me have a look at one? Or does anyone from further afield ever go to Bisley?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

nocrimp is the optical quality of the nightforce far behind the zeiss? or what would you compare it to

Quote Originally Posted by Nocrimp View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their interesting posts...

I shoot F-Class up to 1000 yards my Zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 hasn't got enough magnification so I bought a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56..... Excellent magnification but the optics not as good as Zeiss.

I'm now thinking about selling the Nightrforce and buying a Zeiss 6-24x56 (with 43 ret) but need to take a look at one first to compare with my 20x & see if 24x is enough for my needs.
    Can't afford to make a mistake when you're talking somuch money...

Does anyone know a stockist near me or would anyone on the forum say within 50 miles of Marlow, be willing to let me have a look at one? Or does anyone from further afield ever go to Bisley?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
    You are welcome to look at mine but I am in Norfolk, if I was you I would speak to The Sportsman Gun centre and tell them you want to look at one, they will be happy to sell you one on a credit/debt card and accept it back for a refund if you don't like it, obviously it must not be fitted to your gun and must be returned in the same condition it was received in and return postage is down to you. Personally I don't think 24 x will be enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Agree with everything ballie said.

I currently have two 6-24x56 victory's - They are superb.

Having looked through The 72 mm scope, I can say it is noticably heavier and more clumbersome than the 56,

Whilst the 72 is no doubt a brilliant scope , the extra cost of mounting and the increase scope height above the bore put me off.

My advise - get the 56 mm model.

Alan
    Al

do you shoot at night (sorry for not knowing) do they let enough light in from a scope mounted lamp (170) and can you get sun shades to cut out lamp glare?
    Phazer on stun; I shoot to kill

Tikka T3 .223 Sako Quad .17 HMR and a shed load of shotties

Hi Pavman,

Yes I have used this scope for lamping many times.

I set mine on 12 mag - this has been good enough for the ranges you typically encounter fox at night and still gives an excellent field of veiw.

When lamping alone , I use a scope mounted 140 and again not had a problem with glare from the lamp.

I am afraid I couldn't tell you whether there is a sunshade available for this scope ... someone on here is bound to know.

Good luck with your decision.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Hi Pavman,

Yes I have used this scope for lamping many times.

I set mine on 12 mag - this has been good enough for the ranges you typically encounter fox at night and still gives an excellent field of veiw.

When lamping alone , I use a scope mounted 140 and again not had a problem with glare from the lamp.

I am afraid I couldn't tell you whether there is a sunshade available for this scope ... someone on here is bound to know.

Good luck with your decision.

Alan
    I spoke with a company called SRB Griturn on rec from Tim Northgate and it seems (most???) 56 scopes are screw cut the same in front of the objective M58X0.75 which is a standard camera thread, Griturn can make shades to order so looks like we are in business...

The .243 ticket arrived

I have a Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 Klassik IR scope on my Tikka T3 Lite for Foxing.This scope will take some beating.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    I have a Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 Klassik IR scope on my Tikka T3 Lite for Foxing.This scope will take some beating.
    I agree the old S&B take some beating my Klassik 8X fixed is very good in low light but the ret is to thick for targets much over 200 and covers a lot more than i would wish for at 150, a nice thin mil dot in the first focal will do me,

Hi guys

I was looking at getting a nightforce,but after chatting to many guys who have them or had them i went and bought the zeiss 6-24-56 with illum 43 ret,,and im glad i made the right choice,superd glass day and night,you wont be disappointed mate in the zeiss.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by pavman View Post
    I agree the old S&B take some beating my Klassik 8X fixed is very good in low light but the ret is to thick for targets much over 200 and covers a lot more than i would wish for at 150, a nice thin mil dot in the first focal will do me,
    my 3-12x50 precision hunter is that exact scope
    If we weren't supposed to eat animals they wouldn't be made out of meat.....

I now have a Zeiss Victory 6-24x56 T with illuminated 60 reticule. Thank you to those to gave me the nudge to push the boat out the full 9 yards. First impressions out of the box: Its big; its ugly; its a lot of scope.

It is not quite the brick, like my old S&B ?x50 was, so that was a nice surprise. The overall quality does make NF look tacky; it does ooze class. All the knobs and controls are big which may not make it pretty but are there to do a job; loads of adjustment. Clicks on controls are rather refined which is a mixed blessing. Sure its shows refinement but on a cold windy day it may be better if they were a bit more clunky. The adjustment caps locks so they are never going to move unless you want them too; I like it.

The 60 reticule in the second plane is uncluttered and able to give a precise sight picture out as far as you will ever want, 1000m; smaller than any group size a practical rifle will ever achieve. I love it. The centre dot is small so the illuminated reticule, illuminates just the dot, is a must for those very dark background targets. 24x is heaps of magnification and show the atmospheric conditions plenty well enough. It will be rare to need it cranked up that high.

I've yet to do much with it but I can't really see what else I need from a scope. Frankly its going to be a challenge to get the rest of the set up, ammunition, rifle and firer, to compliment the utility that this scope can give.

Finally, it is too much scope for a whole lot of shooting scenarios. It needs to be on a rifle that can handle it, so forget putting it on a light weight sporter. It should be on a tack driver as otherwise you will get frustrated with a perfectly useful rifle/ammo combination that can't match the precision that this sight gives. Hefting it about when most of its abilities won't ever be utilized in the field is a bit silly too. It is truly wasted on anything under 200m.

I'm going to enjoy having it mounted on a Remington 700 5R Milspec 308 (a ??x50 is plenty for this rifle) but it will probably eventually sit on a custom MacMillan stocked heavy 300 winmag or 7mm Rem Mag to reach far far out.

Most retailers require a re-stocking fee for any goods not returned for fault or defect. It's in their terms of sale, 20% is typical.
    It's a nightmare having goods returned if you operate on professional basis and have such things as re-order points. This is why you'd also be required to call and request a re-order number or the goods will be refused.

im looking at the Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x56* illuminated rifle scope but are there any reticals that are as thin as the varmint retical of my leupold which is very thin ????????

Have a look on here ... Rifles scopes -> Reticules

http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A80033F8E4...2571C5004EAE5E

ATB
    Alan