Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated rifle scope

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    Ballie I have both the Zeiss and the swaro and the Zeiss is better

I have looked through a Nightforce and Zeiss side by side and the Zeiss had a much larger field of view, cant say whether it was brighter as it was a lovely July day at the time

I use 10x when lamping, can zoom up to 14x before it starts getting darker.

And sorry keep forgetting to ring you

Ziess is a far better performer in the dark the anything from NF but there is just no need to go 72mm
    IMHO.
    I would suggest a 50mm lens personally but I actually use a 36mm and if I could get one would very happily use another on any sub 300 yard rifle.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Foxy, as a retailer (which I presume you are) surely you are aware of the consumer credit act. The law states that ANYONE buying something over the internet i.e. the consumer has been unable to view the goods before purchase, has the legal write to return those goods if for some reason they are not happy with them.
    Actually, that's the distance selling regulations, and they do require the goods returned to be unused and in saleable condition - even though you've said you're not going to mount the scope on a rifle, I'm guessing some would and that (If it causes any marks at all) means a refund could be refused...as could damaged packaging if the goods can't be resold as new.

Any protection under the CCA only applies if you buy via CC, whereas the distance selling regs apply to any mail order transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
    Actually, that's the distance selling regulations
    Thanks jeffk, I knew we had some rights just got mixed up.

Just to clarify to anyone else reading this, goods cannot be used and then returned, that would clearly be ethically and morally wrong.

I hope to hear from Marky610 soon then after looking at his I will know if I want one anyway.

Ballie,
    You won't be dissapointed with the Zeiss........ I have a 6X24 X 56 IR Diavari, It has been tested alongside my Kahles 8X50, Swarovski 8X56 and Leica 8X42 Bino's. I can honestly say that it performs in low light aswell as my Leica's and they are awesome!

£1300 is an awful lot of money but IMO the scope is well worth it.

Take a look through Marky's and you'll be converted.

Kind Regards
    Peter

Update

Well I have decided to bite the bullet and order one, so I can have a good look through it. I have ordered it from The Sportsman Gun Centre and I told the sales guy of my intention to have a look through it and if I wasn’t impressed I would like to send it back for a refund, the guy was very happy to sell it to me on that bases.

I will post back once I have tried it.

I ordered a ZEISS Victory Diavari 6-24x56T Illuminated reticle 60 @ £1,299.99

I dont think you will be disapointed but it is a lot of money

I wish there was something nearly as good at half the price

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Yes, I agree but the law is the law and there isn’t a retailer in the UK that could legally support a refusal for a full refund on something you are returning that you’ve purchased without even seeing i.e. mail order or internet.

Yes you are right but you may just find getting another scope from elsewhere difficult if your details are noted and passed around, they all have the right to refuse to sell you one
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Dalua is offline No need for me to cry...
    Just out of interest, why did you pick IR 60?

I note another BBSer has written encouragingly about it, and I guess it looks less like a Christmas-tree than the mildot one, which seems to light up almost entirely.
    Last edited by Dalua; 11-05-2009 at 04:28 PM.

I'm not sure if that other BBSer you're referring to is me, but I chose the No 60 reticle because it has the most subtle illumination to my eyes. I usually use it on low power, with the dot no brighter than a weedy glow-worm. The reticle is not as fine as say an NP-R1 in a Nightforce, but it seems clearer to me. And I don't like mildot reticles in general.

Dalua is offline No need for me to cry...
    I think it prob. is you, Alex.

Thanks for your thoughts on that. Are you refering to use at night with your shy glow-worm effect dot? Is the aiming-spot still visible wthout the illumination turned on?

Did you think the ret 40 was a bit on the fat side? According to the Zeiss website, it is a fair bit thicker.

Thanks again.

W

Quote Originally Posted by willry1970 View Post
    I guess it looks less like a Christmas-tree than the mildot one, which seems to light up almost entirely.

That’s the reason.

Also I don't use hold over when lamping foxes anymore I now prefer to dial the range in on the turret (this is how I use my night force) I assume I will be able to do the same on the Zeiss. The single dot seems a lot less fuss to me than lots of lines (like my N/F, NP-R2)

People say it’s an expensive scope but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for and as far as I am concerned the next step up for me would be a Longbow but I am not sure I could get £5,000 pass the Mrs!

Thanks for your thoughts on that. Are you refering to use at night with your shy glow-worm effect dot? Is the aiming-spot still visible wthout the illumination turned on?

Did you think the ret 40 was a bit on the fat side? According to the Zeiss website, it is a fair bit thicker.

Thanks again.

W
    Yes, I do quite a lot of fox control and found the illuminated dot a real boon. I have a couple of S&B Zenith Flashdots for woodland stalking and dangerous game, which use the same principle. The dot shows as black, hovering between the stadia. There's no point in getting a fat reticle (No 40) if you're also having such precise illumination.

Yes, you dial in with the Zeiss, as you would with a Nightforce.

Thanks again.

W
    IIRC the 60 ret is a slimmed down version of the 40 ret? Well its the target (read thin) version of the good old 4A reticul and yes the center dot is visible without the illumination.

It's the best ret I've seen for a flat shooting caliber.

I have 2 of the 6-24x56ir Zeiss and compared to the couple of NF that i have seen the Zeiss stand head and shoulders above the NF. The picture is right there in the rear lense if you know what i mean rather than looking like its part the way down the tube!

When lamping i quite often use 14x mag an have even wound it up to 20x without any probs what so ever! Just simply stunning! When funds allow i shall get another!