Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated rifle scope

Quote Originally Posted by strud34 View Post
    im looking at the Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x56* illuminated rifle scope but are there any reticals that are as thin as the varmint retical of my leupold which is very thin ????????
    No there not as thin as Leupold but I have shoot foxes with my zeiss out to 385 yds in day light and 348 yds in the dark (lamp) I would be good to go out to 400 - 500 if I could range it well, how far do you want to go LOL

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    im looking at the Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x56* illuminated rifle scope but are there any reticals that are as thin as the varmint retical of my leupold which is very thin ????????
    The '60' reticule on mine is very thin (same as Ballie's) I can highly recommend that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    No there not as thin as Leupold but I have shoot foxes with my zeiss out to 385 yds in day light and 348 yds in the dark (lamp) I would be good to go out to 400 - 500 if I could range it well, how far do you want to go LOL
    your right i just like the thin retical if not as thin how do thay comper? ( spuds are quite small at 300 yards ). Thanks sir-slots-alot dont you have a Zeiss? if so what one do you have and retical think i see in a vid of you with a tekka ?

Thanks sir-slots-alot dont you have a Zeiss? if so what one do you have and retical think i see in a vid of you with a tekka ?
    Mine have 43 ret - which is easily thin enough for my needs.

ATB
    Alan
    Last edited by sir-slots-alot; 28-12-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Mine have 43 ret - which is easily thin enough for my needs.

ATB
    Alan
    well got mine today after wanting for one some months back.
    didnt think i would get one but got there in the end.

a big scope. not as heavy as i guessed it was going to be.
    good turrets postive clicks.

nice big px on the side marked out better then the conquest. so no guessing between numbers like on the conquest.

good ir on the side. no clicks just a controlled turn to get the chrosshair dim or bright. it holds the level you had it on to .which is a nice touch.

good field of view which i really like' and the glass is super clear and sharp
    and the colour of things your looking at seam better then the conquest.

the victory is 3 times the price of a conquest so is it worth it ? well it is better thats a fact but 3 times the price better i dont no. only time and use will tell if i have done the right thing.

its not to bad as i still have the conquest to use on the 222

i didnt think i would like the mildot ir rectical number 43. but they are nice and fine so shouldnt be a problem.

have to get out and get at those foxes now. to see how it is at dusk and under the lamp.

should be superb

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie g View Post
    well got mine today after wanting for one some months back.
    didnt think i would get one but got there in the end.

a big scope. not as heavy as i guessed it was going to be.
    good turrets postive clicks.

nice big px on the side marked out better then the conquest. so no guessing between numbers like on the conquest.

good ir on the side. no clicks just a controlled turn to get the chrosshair dim or bright. it holds the level you had it on to .which is a nice touch.

good field of view which i really like' and the glass is super clear and sharp
    and the colour of things your looking at seam better then the conquest.

the victory is 3 times the price of a conquest so is it worth it ? well it is better thats a fact but 3 times the price better i dont no. only time and use will tell if i have done the right thing.

its not to bad as i still have the conquest to use on the 222

i didnt think i would like the mildot ir rectical number 43. but they are nice and fine so shouldnt be a problem.

have to get out and get at those foxes now. to see how it is at dusk and under the lamp.

should be superb

You really should have gone for the '60' reticule

Quote Originally Posted by Marky610 View Post
    You really should have gone for the '60' reticule
    i wanted that one mark but by the the time my cash was freed up. uttings and other big gunshops had stopped stocking the older model.

due to this new fl range. so i had to go secondhand to find the older model and at the time the 43 ret was the only one i could find.

i will see how i get on with it. and if i cant. i will get it changed at zeiss.
    Last edited by jamie g; 09-11-2011 at 09:56 AM.

been out with mine tonight and fooking broke it
    the illumunated reticle wont switch off it makes no difference whether or not it pushed in or out,guess it will have to go back to zeiss

Quote Originally Posted by cornishman View Post
    been out with mine tonight and fooking broke it
    the illumunated reticle wont switch off it makes no difference whether or not it pushed in or out,guess it will have to go back to zeiss
    no way ben. thats a pisser. best get it in the post monday

Quote Originally Posted by jamie g View Post
    i wanted that one mark but buy the the time my cash was freed up. uttings and other big gunshops had stopped stocking the older model.

due to this new fl range. so i had to go secondhand to find the older model and at the time the 43 ret was the only one i could find.

i will see how i get on with it. and if i cant. i will get it changed at zeiss.

Scope and reticule choice is a very personal thing... and whats right for one person may not suit another.

However , I can't see why you wouldn't get on with the 43 ret Jamie.

My shooting mate and I have had loads of top end scopes from all the big named manufacturers.

We have 4 of these scopes between us and our first choice was the 43 ret ... when the 60 ret was an oprion.

Nothing wrong with the 60 ret though -- but there are some one here who would have us believe that it is far superior ,,, Agian its down to personal choice.

Using my 43 ret , I knocked a crow over at 795 yards yesterday and both me and my mate Dave shot several rabbits over 600 yards. ( shots witnessed )

Think that suggests the 43 is plenty good enough

Congrets on the new scope BTW

ATB
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Scope and reticule choice is a very personal thing... and whats right for one person may not suit another.

However , I can't see why you wouldn't get on with the 43 ret Jamie.

My shooting mate and I have had loads of top end scopes from all the big named manufacturers.

We have 4 of these scopes between us and our first choice was the 43 ret ... when the 60 ret was an oprion.

Nothing wrong with the 60 ret though -- but there are some one here who would have us believe that it is far superior ,,, Agian its down to personal choice.

Using my 43 ret , I knocked a crow over at 795 yards yesterday and both me and my mate Dave shot several rabbits over 600 yards. ( shots witnessed )

Think that suggests the 43 is plenty good enough

Congrets on the new scope BTW

ATB
    Alan
    top shooting alan you really put the rifles to use. i would hate to think how much ammo you guys get through

i think i have made the right choice on the scope. time will tell cheers for the advice on it. over the past months

well just got back in from zeroing the scope. have to say the optics are stunning. much more so then the conquest.

and when the mag is high the image still super sharpe. i find the 43 ret very good. not to thick but not to thin so you lose crosshair against a dark back ground.

just got to get use to the clicks now. did you guys change your rangefinders to metres after from yards ?

well this wouldnt matter for most the foxing. but if you get a good long range shot and have to dial in i guess its easier to have it in metres

Hi Jamie

I range in yds mate as my crf is a yd version

bit odd ball as scopes in metric but still works the same

cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Skany View Post
    Hi Jamie

I range in yds mate as my crf is a yd version

bit odd ball as scopes in metric but still works the same

cheers Andy
    Same as you Andy.

Most of the balistic programmes allow to to set for 1/2 CM adjustment.

So range in yards - and dial in.

Simples

Alan

i had zeiss that jamie g brought on here, i must admit the zeiss is a better night scope, i brought a 12-42x56 nxs. i have used it a couple times lamping and it is good but not as good as the zeiss is on light gathering, but gotta love the nightforce rets, unbeatable.