just having one of those
    "I saw this and thought of you moments"
    http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=52509
    it may be one that youve worked on
    atb
    mel

Sid Guest
    I'm watching it

Nothing to do with me, but I think it would be an OK buy, depending on what price it reaches. The serial number plate clearly identifies it as a civilian model so you won't have to worry about it being stolen from the MOD. I heard a rumour ( don't know how true it is ) that some ex-Police ones have arrived on the legitimate surplus market recently.

Gen II tubed Kites are a bit mediocre in my experience - when you relate their performance to the money asked for them ( the housing and lenses are excellent, but the tubes are pathetic in comparison - it'll maybe kick the ass of anything costing under £1200 however - but only if the tube is a really good one ).

I might bid on it but then I'll have to put a new DEP tube in it that I can provide a warranty on to make it an attractive and risk free purchase for somebody, and that will cost me a lot of money. I couldn't afford to buy and keep it myself, not unless a flying pig drops a wad of pound notes from Lord Lucan down my chimney

Considering the telephone number amounts that high end NV costs there isn't much profit in it - not unless you are selling it 'sold as seen' with no comebacks
    But looking on the bright side, you do get to play with some very cool stuff Until you have to sell it

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Originally posted by Sid
    I heard a rumour ( don't know how true it is ) that some ex-Police ones have arrived on the legitimate surplus market recently.

It's very true , i had one in my hands on Thursday.
    Last edited by Elwood; 28-02-2004 at 07:54 AM.

mel . Guest
    WOW !!!!!
    £1,220 it went for
    lost interest at £700
    wonder if a bbs member won it