Thread: Suggestions for stainless steel BP revolver

Suggestions for stainless steel BP revolver

Much as I love it, I'm thinking of changing the Remington New Army for something in stainless. Could well just be a stainless New Army, but just out of interest, what do people on here like? I've wondered about a Rogers & Spencer, as I've tried one now and again & liked the fact it doesn't gunge up so much as the Remington. The R&S does have a bit of a short stroke on the loading rod and a proneness for the loading rod screws to bugger up, but I find the much larger grip very welcome.

Any opinions?
    Yes but apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, what did you think of the performance?

IMO, if you can afford it then the Ruger Old Army is the way to go.
    Bob
    "Nihil est Impossibilis"
    motto of The Glider Pilot Regiment 1942 - 1957

I like my Euroarms s/steel Target Remmie in .44 - good standard of finish etc.

'much larger grip very welcome' Errrrr Euroarms grips may not be to your liking though, as its very much as the original.
    Try Pietta's model their grips are usually larger.

Oh, the Pietta R&S has bigger grips? Interesting.

Thanks guys.

The Remington Pietta has larger grips not sure about the R&S - no experience with this pistol, though from what I've read its an excellent pistol. From the pics in the Kranks catalogue the grips do look bigger on the R&S.

Well, I'm more or less decided. I'm going for the London grey R&S I think. It's not stainless, but having fired another R&S extensively, I notice it can go on all day without gunging up and the grips are very comfy.

You can always have it nitro converted No gumming up then.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Its also possible to change the grips on a Ruger Old Army. I use some rubber Pachmayr grips on mine.

is they any other grips for the remington 1858 etc

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocchip View Post
    Its also possible to change the grips on a Ruger Old Army. I use some rubber Pachmayr grips on mine.

I prefer the walnut grips as they let the gun swivel smoothly in the hand thus reducing felt recoil.

I have used stainless Pietta Remington New Model Army revolvers for some years, winning a couple of competitions with them. One with target sights and one with the original sights.