Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me farmer

Me farmer

Hello,
    Me live in Belgium.
    Not speak much englisch ... sorry.
    Work since 16 years old so little education .
    Me have farm with much varmints but eat much food .
    I have Career 707 .22 , is very strong al so very noise .
    Powercurve al so bad .... what to do about powercurve

Hammerspringk/hammerweigt ?
    Transfertpoort ?
    Firingvalve springk ?

Thank you !

Fantastic first post Flighty - welcome.

Buddyboy is an expert on flattening the Career's power curve, so he'll probably answer your question when he wakes up.

Lionel

Welcome to the site Flighty

TP

Do I get the faint aroma of a Crustacean????
    Robin

Hello,

Me back from field

Me little sad only couple welcomes out of 140 views ....
    You bbs-er are tough on belgian unlettered farmers

On the other hand, I must admit that you folks are kind of hard to fool .....

Not much to say about me really besides that I'm an airgun"nut" with a flighty behavior towards them. I've had several airguns but sold them all except for one.
    And I'm actually the son-in-law of a farmer with little varmints left on the farm because of my leftover .... a Career 707 .22 carbine with an "A" Team regulator.

Thanks to BuddyBoy for his quick reply concerning the necessairy Career mods.

Finally, I'd like to say that besides shooting airguns the second best thing about them is the cameraderie-thing .... There's always someone telling something in a noncompetitive way about there favourite hobby .... and ... I like, I like ....

Me finish now, me back to work just kidding

ATB

Jo

Ao Guest
    lol ( had me going), Welcome to the board - you should fit in well that sense of humor!

draftsmann Guest
    Originally posted by Flighty
    You bbs-er are tough on belgian unlettered farmers
    Ok, here are a couple of letters for you: letter "B" and letter "S"

There now; don't you feel better?

Adrian

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    It was easy enough to spot as a fake, the syntax in your first post was all wrong for someone who was supposed to be trying to comunicate in an unfamiliar language.

Gone but not forgotten Guest
    Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards
    Adolf

(Ruddy Rosbifs)

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys

No no, I don't feel myself yet like a B art S impson over here ..... I'm still in de Homer-League .

Going back to low profile for a while and have meself a Duff .

Kind regards,

Jo

Guesty Guest
    Flighty

So your Career has a regulator, but still has a power curve? I thought the reg. was there to prevent exactly that problem?

Guesty.

Guesty,

My Career is mostly running at 30ftlbs (AA field) and is good for 30 consistent shots (278 à 280 m/s). When the pressure drops below 1900 psi the reg. is of .... so back to the decelerating powercurve.
    I also made a free floater out of it. It is silenced with a Logun (had to drill that one out to 9mm because of accuracy problems ... specialy at higher power level). Also made a bipod for it .... from a sportmatch 2 piece - double screw
    The "A" Team spring kit does wonders with the triggerpull .... it's now safely set at 700 gr. I could adjusted it even lighter but I prefer a not to light trigger on this baby .
    I'm pretty pleased with it, if I may say so.

Jo

hello, you need at least 1800 psi in your bottle for the reg to work, however when the pressure is above that you have 30 incredibly consistent shots. You cannot do any more than a reg to flatten a power curve im afraid. Also have you tried Bisley magnums or a heavier pellet than aa field?

If you were to use a magnum, you could turn down your power wheel (Doing so will increase the amount of shots per charge) and also you could maintain the same power (Because a heavier pellet does not have to travel as fast to give the same power)

If you wanted to do serious damage to vermin, try daysung pellets! However you will get a significantly larger drop off.

hope some of that was some use to you, cheers rob

If you were to use a magnum, you could turn down your power wheel (Doing so will increase the amount of shots per charge) and also you could maintain the same power (Because a heavier pellet does not have to travel as fast to give the same power)
    I keep the heavy stuff (Barracuda's) for my long gun .22 target version.
    Haven't tried the Barracuda's enough in my carbine to tell if they give more shot per fill at the same power level.
    I do know that a heavier pellet has more inertia wich means that the firing valve will stay open a little bit longer .... and consuming more air that way ... so I don't know how much shots one could gain out of one fill when shooting with heavier pellets ?
    Maybe worth a try, thanks.

Jo

Flighty,

me too in Belgium, but in Brussels region there are unfortunately too few farms that need my services!
    Whereabouts are you located?

Hendrick-Otto