Thread: Rhino scopes?

Rhino scopes?

Does any one here have real experience with Rhino Rifle or Pistol scopes? I am looking to fit a scope to my Falcon pistol and at the moment that is the only scope available I could find. Parallax faults? Repeatability? Shock resistance? Or any other useful comments. How does this compare with say a Bushnell or similarly well-made and reliable scope?

Thanks

Not even one reply

Must be a pretty obscure manufacturer!

Im sure i had a rhino scope on my pro elite years ago and it was a good scope plus My mate used to have a Rhino scope on his .222 remmy and he swore by it. the only reason he replaced it was because he was given a bushnell legend scope for nothing and he admits its was only replaced because of the brand.
    Nothing wrong with them in my experiance

I saw the post and didn't think I had enough experience to comment...

I've seen two, both recently on the same rifle, a very nice 10/22 with laminated stock used for LSR at 20 yards. The first one was taken back as it didn't want to zero and replaced with a bigger one that has now zeroed ok.

Optically I thought they were ok, but nothing special.

My untrained eye thought they were both overpriced (I think one was a something-32x and cost approx £200 through a shop, so probably cheaper online).

I didn't think the optics are as good as my Nikko Sterling 8-24x, but I guess I could be biased.

Personally, I would go for a more known make.

verminshooter29 Guest
    i have a 4 -14 - 40 ok but a bit poor on full mag to be honest i never shoot over 8 mag anyhow holds zero ok though . just an honest opinion. good luck

I didn't know Rhino did a pistol scope, Bushnell do.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back
    From what ive heard there a decent make for the money,plus there mentioned in the novel the jackal

Got one on my AA410 its a good bit of kit
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

I bought a cheap 3-5 x 50 IR PA from e*bay earlier this year from the Far East - specifically for squirrel shooting in woods and when it arrived, it was branded Rhino.

It works well and was cheap, £35 inc postage IIRC, but the optics are the worst I have ever seen - by a long way. The centre of the view is at best OK, but the edges are really poor.

This might be a Chinese copy of a Rhino - if Rhino is a recognised manufacturer. However, if it is representative of the brand - avoid.

It fulfilled its purpose which was to show me that a low mag big objective lens scope was good for hunting squirrels in a wood at dusk!

They have changed over the years from very good to average cheapo. Lots of brands have competed on price and the quality went down hill all the way; though the quality of glass has gone up. So on a pcp with little or no recoil it doesn't matter as much; though the more gizmoes the more can go wrong.

Thanks for all the replies.
    I have been looking for a Bushnell but can find no suppliers for them. Appart from the Rhino, the only 2 other scopes I can find in shop or internet in the UK is BSA and possibly Simmons but the simons only has a 12" eye relief and I can find no info on the BSA at all!

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by moeggesit View Post
    the simons only has a 12" eye relief
    I had the Simmons 4x32 pro hunter pistol scope and the eye relief was closer to 18-20". I guess the specs may have changed though.

The only place I've seen selling pistol scopes in the UK for quite some time is Uttings http://http://www.uttings.com/?categ...tolscopes.html.

If you fancy an alternative chances are it'll mean importing, special order or buying second hand.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    I had the Simmons 4x32 pro hunter pistol scope and the eye relief was closer to 18-20". I guess the specs may have changed though.

The only place I've seen selling pistol scopes in the UK for quite some time is Uttings http://http://www.uttings.com/?categ...tolscopes.html.

If you fancy an alternative chances are it'll mean importing, special order or buying second hand.
    Thanks for that. The info I had on the Simmons was for the 2x20 and was given on only one of the sites I found it on. I looked on uttings before but did not see it that time .

The american shops like Cabelas I used in the past dont ship to the UK any more . Or at least not scopes or gun related parts. So I'm a little bit lost for importing. Countries that dont speak English tend to make ordering difficult.

If one of you have a good scope for sale I am looking and has a post up in the wanted section but have not had any replies yet.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram

Thank you sam vimes. I now have to go count my pennies to see if I can make it.