Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zos scopes

zos scopes

has anyone had a look through one of these scopes 230119544309 on fle i did see somone on here who rated them but ive been searching for ages for the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by davidstoncold View Post
    has anyone had a look through one of these scopes 230119544309 on fle i did see somone on here who rated them but ive been searching for ages for the thread.
    Hi i got one with a Mil-dot ret and find them good mind you i paid less than that, Although i have had stuff from that seller and he sends them out very fast, Have a look at this one i got 220162025163 Think you will be happy with it
    Mark.

Dave try this one 290171412612 i have had both the ZOS and Besonder optisch and found the Besonder better

I've had a couple and the site picture was brilliant, the mill were a bit suss though.
    Steve Topp Brain-finger, Brain-finger, Finger- brain DOOH
    REDFEARNS FTC
    Air Arms Owners Club

I wont buy 1 again.If you push the optics they dont stand up to it.Range finding seemed to be good.Image quality was bad at 50M.Then again for the price you pay can you complain ?

"ZOS Scopes"

Enthusiasm currently winning over common-sense & ability!

Emley Moor FTC

Smithies Barnsley South Yorkshire (known as Tarn)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstoncold View Post
    Hi I am an expert on these scopes I was the first to get one 3 years ago 10X40X50 and still use it for FT. For the price can't fault. I have got a few for other people. Do a search with my handle

Heres the link to there web http://zos.en.alibaba.com/ See if you can recognise any of their scopes
    Zos makes them others put there name on. Fox. Rex. Richter. Besondor. JSR Tasco and a few I have forgot. They can be reparrellaxed down to 10yds in about 10mins.
    Look at the price here (E*bay 220162078468)

If you want any more info ring me Derek 07891303918
    Last edited by Ridge Walker; 24-10-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Ive been told these scopes are ok for pcp But are are not man enough for springers any thoughts on this.

Ken

Been running a 10-40x50 JSR on a prosport for over a year with no concerns

Ed confirmed it is springer reated before I purchased.

Hi

I Have a FAC TX200 .177 and I doubt that the side focus will stand for the "Kick".

Regards

Bigorro

Smithies Barnsley South Yorkshire (known as Tarn)
    Quote Originally Posted by skimpy View Post
    Ive been told these scopes are ok for pcp But are are not man enough for springers any thoughts on this.

Ken
    One of ponte members got one from me 18 Months . He uses it on a AA Pro Sport. He is shooting with it in in the NEFTA winter League at Ponte on sunday.
    I used one on a TX200 Bullpup for 13 months. Only gun I had No probs at all. These scopes are made mainly for the USA and used on bullet guns of all types. Well up to springers

Sorry, I disagree.
    We've had 2 Zos scopes bought by club members recently and fitted to springers, both of them disintegrated within a week, yet another which was fitted to a PCP is still going strong.
    My personal opinion of them now is they're only suitable for non recoiling rifles, there again they're cheap enough to take the risk that they won't implode and they don't cost the Earth

Disagree with the disagreement

I've used a ZOS 10-40x50SF on my TX200SR for over a year and a half. No problems, no loss of zero. Does the box and returns to zero.

They use coil springs inside the focusing tube as that is better than flat springs.

Now, just like any other item being manufactured there will be good and bad items (cars, airguns, appliances). ridgewalker knows his ZOS scopes. They're not bad for the price (better than putting a Zeiss on an SR and having it chew it up and spit it out!).

Chuck,
    Isn't the TX200 SR a Semi-recoiless rifle? Pretty much the same as a Feinwerkbau 300? In other words, hardly any recoil? Sorry mate but I disagree with your disagreement about my disagree...

We're talking full recoiling springers here, and the 2 Zos scopes we had dropped to pieces within a week of their use on proper springers

Nige

I have a Fox 8-32x44 on my CZ American .22lr.
    Illuminated 1/8 minute Target Dot Reticule.
    Great image and works well on both the target range+100yards and for rabbits using a bipod.
    Can read small print on club targets and see .22 holes very clearly at 100 yards.
    Bought off a chap who used it on a 7.62 Rifle.
    A chap in the club has on on a Tikka T3 Tactical .223 and rates the Fox scope.
    So at least some are good.
    Also sold by are sponsor in 50mm.
    Graham
    Last edited by manxteddy; 24-01-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Designer of BASC Logo