Thread: Attention N.Ireland Airgunners

Question Attention N.Ireland Airgunners

Is it necessary to have a gun cabinet fitted for when im coming home for the summer. I have the forms from Psni and it asks what security measures.....etc.
    I have emailed the Firearms and explosives brance but no reply.
    I have one of them new flambeau locking cases would that be sufficient or should i just buy the cabinet???
    Thanks

Liam,

According to the PSNI website the minimum requirement is an approved guncabinet secured to the fabric of the building,

RabH

yep you defo need a gun cabinet, fixed to a block wall with rawl bolts or something similar.

right then i'll get one next time i go home, what are the prices nowadays about £90??
    my friend has his fixed to one of the rafters in the roof space would this be ok? He has a s/gun and BSA lightning and has never had a visit from the police to check that this was ok, also another fella i know made his own from mahogany and the cops approved that!!!!
    Last edited by Liam; 01-03-2004 at 07:39 PM.

adz Guest
    Your better buying an approved one and fixing it to a wall with rawl bolts, to be on the safe side, they didnt come and check a mates but they did come out to my house.
    BTW since its N. Irelanders in here, is there any clubs in the North Down area I can go to? I heard it somewhere that there was one opening in Ballygowan but havent heard anything since. Also is there any power restrictions in clubs?

Adz, you're in luck. The Down Field Target Club would be your nearest, and is among the best clubs in the country. They shoot just outside Rostrevor every Sunday. I'll PM you the contact details.

Liam, just read your email mate. As has been quoted, the minimum is a BS 7558 cabinet bolted to the fabric of the building. The rafters wouldn't really do, 'cos it'd be too easy to jemmy it off them. If it's atteched flat to a wall, it can't be levered off so easily.

It's good to see a few members from NI starting to post. Maybe we should have our own 'Mini-BBS Meet' sometime to share experiences and of course, have a try of each other's guns

Anyone up for it?

Jonathan.

I'd be up for it but i won't be home to Strabane until the end of may when uni over here finishes.