Thread: diana bobcat 177

Wink diana bobcat 177

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

diana g85 177 , [no gunbag ] 6o pound posted price drop

think the rear sights not original but it is a diana one shoots well anyway
    most of these were trashed of kids in the 70s

bbs rules apply first to say thell have her gets her on hold for gareth:-

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ke2/bobcat.jpg
    Last edited by mancsmike2; 20-01-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Ooh! Hi Mike, hope all is well and all that. You know I used to have a G85 just like this . Bump back ttt for a good guy to deal with and a cracking little bit of kit that's as smooth as smooth to cock following a strip and service and the expert fitting of a modified Gamo rear sight so as to give it side to side and up and down adjustment (unlike the missing standard item that offered up and down only) by someone . Ha ha. Atb: Gareth W-B.

ps. Mike, your photo link ain't working.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Kingplinker Guest
    Hi Mike

Can't find out very much about this but I take it to be a single shot break barrel atleast ???

cheers

Dave

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Is this your olde rifle Gareth?

Diana were a strange firm, sometimes bathetic, sometimes inspired. As a junior rifle goes the Bobcat was a winner I think. In the late 1970s a young person's air-rifle that looked like a supermodern .22 rimfire was sure to do well. Yet it was based on a rifle design aout 40 years old. And they must have got the Matt Black Ash look way before the yuppies of the 1980s did to furnish their flats. Very interesting......

Is it smoothbore though? I have a feeling that it might be, so that you can shoot pellets, BBs, slugs and darts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Is this your olde rifle Gareth? Is it smoothbore though? I have a feeling that it might be, so that you can shoot pellets, BBs, slugs and darts.
    Hi Hsing-ee, hope all is well with you this fine festive season . Yes it is one of my old loved-ones, and after my fettling, very smooth to operate it is too . Spot on about the smooth-bore, which -- as you say -- makes it suitable for darts . Am truly baffled that this hasn't sold yet, especially as mancsmike 2 is imo a good guy to deal with. Merry Christmas all (Gareth).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

hi

forgotten bump

Hasn't this gone yet Strewth ... Tell you what then Mike, as I've had another son since I sold you this (now five months old), and as I know how well it cocks and shoots (as smooth as my little 'uns bum ) because of the "wonderful" gunsmith who did all the work on it (ahemm ), I'll have this back then at that price please, wrap it in greased brown paper, and stick it in the loft until he's old enough to shoot it (reckon about six years should do it ) which is only fair, as my other two ankle-biters (daughter four and my other boy nearly three) already have theirs wrapped and waiting . Therefore Mike my good friend YHPM : Gareth W-B.