Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSB Exacts

RochdaleLad Guest

Question JSB Exacts

Hi all,

I've just been doing a few searches on the BBS re: pellets for my S400 in .177.

I've come to the conclusion that AA Field/Daytstate FT are the best.

Now fair enough, but is it true that these two are just re-boxed JSB Exacts? If so, whats the point in paying up to 2 quid more for the Daysates/AA when I can get JSB exacts for 3.90 a tin?

Your thoughts welcome, as I'm about to place an order for some pellets - just have to decide which out of the three.

Cheers,
    David.

ps: apologies if this has been done before, but I couldn't see it in the searches I did.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    not much between 'em IHMO - the daystes have slightly tougher skirts than the AAs, can't remember the JSBs in .177, but in .22 they are just the same as the AA Field/Ripley etc...

Ao Guest

RochdaleLad Guest
    Originally posted by Ao
    Recently covered on here see:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....threadid=22121
    http://www.airgun.org/articles/

HTH
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for that. I'll go and have a good read of that thread. I think I skimmed over it, but didn't read it properly.

Thanks to BuddyBoy too...

I think I've made my mind up now...

David.

BoNeS Guest
    it is my understanding that the daystate are the same as jsb exact in .177 but the air arms are slightly different however no less a good pellet

Mark A Guest
    On the daystate website it says the Daystate pellets are made by JSB.

Mark

FT Shooter Guest
    In .177 calibre the JSB Exact Diabolo is the exact same pellet that JSB put in the tin with a Daystate FT label on it and ****** good pellets they are too!

RochdaleLad Guest
    Thanks for all your replies, lads.. appreciated

I'm going to order a tin of JSB's tomorrow... well, today actually, looking at the time.

Cheers...
    David.

Mark A Guest
    Where do you get your JSB pellets from, at that price mate?

Mark

RochdaleLad Guest
    Originally posted by Mark A
    Where do you get your JSB pellets from, at that price mate?

Mark
    http://www.airammo.co.uk

The details are on the site, but its x10 tins at 39.50 plus P+P...

Not too far off what I said originally, I think.

David.

Mark A Guest
    Thanks for that mate

Now then young man, If you buy 10 tins and find out your rifle doesn't like them, you will be stuck with 10 tins you cannot use.

If you haven't tried this batch of JSBs in your rifle you are taking a risk mate. Just a thought. I always buy just one tin of a new batch number and try them first, if the barrel likes em then buy as many as you can, if not, and believe me it happens, bin them.
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Goddamit Karlos

Always there before me mate with those little pieces of advice......

I agree, get a few tins of different batch no.'s, find a good one, buy lots.

Simple

LeeH (Can't move in workshop at the mo for daystate pellets;-)
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Shaggy Guest
    Air Ammo seem to offer good prices, but not on all pellets, I can source Air Arms Fields 5.52's cheaper locally, by a fair bit even on large bulk orders. don't go clambering to airammo thinking they offer the best price!
    DO you Homework.

I have to admit I don't use 177's as much now, but they seem to be offering a really wickedly good price on them, I think the Daystate Pellet is the business in my FT Rifle, when I compare the Air Arms 4.52's & Daystate 4.52's side by side apart from hearing a diffrent sound as your firing, they fit the barrel better as if they were made for my action (I hope you know what I mean ) & out perfom on accuratccy All because of a slight & I mean a slight difference in the skirt.

Just because a lot of us like Daystate pellets don't mean to say your rifle will like them! My new Baby a girlie cal Super10 hate's Daystates in any size & I am yet to try Air Arms, but I recon as always they will work. I can see the habbit forming here from what I have come across anyway.
    if a Rifle don't like 1 type it likes the others, or it will like both but not in 4.52's but 4.51's so based on that if you want to Try them? If I were you I'd
    either scrounge some off a mate Cheapest option
    Buy 2 tins or Air Arms 1) tin 4.51's & 1) tin in 4.52's
    Buy 2 tims of Daystate 1) tin 4.51's & 1) tin in 4.52's then I recon you'll find a pellet that does the business.

Sitting on the Fence for a sec, any pellet I have tried in a 1.77 that work really well doens't always do so in .22 with the exception of Air Arms & all the other branded JSB pellets, the Webley's Logun & so on.

Exterminator's are undoubtly a good choise in 177, but in .22 the pellet needs to be over 12ft lb to do it justice which is a shame.

As for .22
    Well I have to say I was dissapointed with Daysyate pellets in .22, the first tin I bought was amazing & since then I have ordered them from various places with diffrent batch number & still the same in my Super10 The Air Arms Field in 5.52 does the business over the Daystate ( see here's that habbit again )

In an ideal world I would be able to order the same branded pellet in both cal's for all my rifles so it would make it easy to get!
    but sadly that's not the case, (well it is, as they all seem to be JSB's but over hear re-badged)

If I was to buy my pellets from airammo for £2,75 a tin or £5.50=500 in.22 isn't bad, granted pellets have risen in price recently so it's a competitive price. But they are already up there with the higher priced sources in .22,

I try to by by pellet in stacked amounts. e.g. AA Fields .22 come in boxes of 8, Bisley Magimum's come in 5's so it's multipules.

If I bought my .22 pellets from air ammo I'd be worse off!
    I would need to buy 50 tins plus to get what's my minimum amount I normally order 3 cartens of AA fields.
    Even with the discount for bulk ordering & cheap postage I can buy far cheaper from elseswhere, Don't get me wrong that is althings considered a really good price, what I am saying is if you do want pellets at a real good price it pays to shop about, don't leave your eggs in just 1 basket!

Hope it helps?

DArren
    Last edited by Shaggy; 03-03-2004 at 11:23 AM.

FT Shooter Guest
    Originally posted by RochdaleLad
    http://www.airammo.co.uk

The details are on the site, but its x10 tins at 39.50 plus P+P...

David.
    After having difficulty ordering on this site the owners of the shop have informed me that the glitch is now removed and apologise for any inconvenience.