Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deben Lamp Connectors

Tug. is offline is that a ferret in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?

Deben Lamp Connectors

Hi Guys,

First post so a quick hello. Dave, 26 from Wirral. AAS410, AA TX200 HC and Webley FX2000.

Just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction for some replacement connectors for my Deben Mini Pro. They're the combined M/F double bullet connectors, can't find them anywhere online (had 2 days searching)

thanks in advance

Dave

Lightbulb

Not got a Deben but when I needed something like for mine, found them at Maplins.
    (they have a website )

Someone also called them Tamiya ( think thats the spelling ) connectors, which you can get from a model shop.
    thats all for now.

Burt.

Have you tried contacting Deben direct? They are good people there.
    http://www.deben.com/index.php

Tug. is offline is that a ferret in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?
    Emailed Deben yesterday and go a confirmation that they will endeavour to reply within 12 hours...

Just trying to do some "leg work" early in case they can't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by burtucantbeserious View Post
    Someone also called them Tamiya ( think thats the spelling ) connectors, which you can get from a model shop.
    The Tamiya race pack connectors may be the way for me to go, they are more robust than the standard ones on the Deben and probably stand heavy handedness a bit better...

Dave, I have fitted the phono/ micro phone type plugs to my lamp. Absolute dodle to plug in, even in the dark, cheap and readily available and very robust. Try them, way better than the deben ones in my opinion!

Might do that. How easy are they to connect to the wires? Are they soldered in?

I liked the connectors on my logun lamp but just couldn't get on with its short beam (short compared to the deben anyway). It's a shame because the logun wins on looks, feel, design and has better cables and switch but it just doesn't perform as well as the Mini Pro (IMHO). If only there was some middle ground...

Forget connectors. Hard wire it but put a male on the end of the lamp and a female on the battery. Thast way you can run from the car ciggy plugging straight into the female on the battery if you get out of the vehicle.

Way easier than those pissy connectors even if they are upgraded.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Yep, solder on. I have also managed to get one of those coiled cables, makes it a bit easier, doesn't seem to get tangled half as much as the standard cable. Agree with what you say for the logun for looks, mate has one but only uses it for close range ratting. Do you have the dimmer version, excellent piece of kit!

Dave the plugs your looking for are SAE Connectors see my reply on the AGU dude....

kev
    BSA Super10 BBK .22 Nikko 4-16 x 50
    BSA Super10 .22 Nikko Gold Crown 3-9 x 50

You might by now have discovered that they are very expensive connectors, and that is one of the reasons Deben are so expensive. They are a superb method of irreversible and foolproof connection, but can become 'worn or slack over a period of time. That is hardly surprising with constant flexing as you walk along and move the gun about.

If they have become a little loose simply get a small terminating screwdriver or sharp spike and open out each 'nipple so that it is tighter in the socket that it plugs into - viola
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

deben lamp

ive got deben mini pro, connectors&cable are poo. use some coiled cable&phono speaker jack plugs,someone mentioned, the coiled cable in cold weather doesnt go hard like deben cable.
    Garry.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
    You might by now have discovered that they are very expensive connectors, and that is one of the reasons Deben are so expensive. They are a superb method of irreversible and foolproof connection, but can become 'worn or slack over a period of time. That is hardly surprising with constant flexing as you walk along and move the gun about.

If they have become a little loose simply get a small terminating screwdriver or sharp spike and open out each 'nipple so that it is tighter in the socket that it plugs into - viola
    I'm sorry - but are you talking about the connectors used as std on the Deben lamps ???????

Thanks for all the info guys (chers Kev!)

I'm going to cannibalise the cigar plug to SAE lead that came with it (because if I ever do shoot from a vehicle I'll use the battery anyway).

Once they start to let me down I'll redo all the connections in either DC jacks or Tamiya race pack connectors.

Nice of Deben to respond so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by hadaka-jimi View Post
    I'm sorry - but are you talking about the connectors used as std on the Deben lamps ???????
    Yes Jim. Open out or enlarge each of the male parts so they compress when pushed into the female parts of the plug. If you look closely the "nipples" are formed with a gap in them which allows them to spring a bit. This gap has probably closed up a bit and become loose.
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar