Thread: Which Webley Pellet Boxes ???

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Which Webley Pellet Boxes ???

Hello all, I have been familiarising myself with eebygumbay as a newbie these last few days (it's a bit like Bandit country to me at the moment ), and have noticed some quite sensibly priced Webley pellet tins on there. Well as I am considering doing myself a boxman type box for two of my pistols (thanks for the inspiration my friend, greatly appreciated ), getting hold of the 'correct' pellet tins is a must. The first pistol that I'm thinking of doing this for is my straight grip pre WWII MkI in .22, and the second my post WWII slant grip Senior in .177. Now I know the .177 tin will need to be a pale turquoise, and the .22 a sort of mustard orange, but I have found round and rectangle examples of each. For my MkI I'm more drawn to the rectangle type box, and for my senior the round type. But before I buy would these two shapes be age related to the pistols detailed, or should they be the other way round, or both one style, and if so which ? Thoughts when you can please . Yours on a learning curve: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Talking Pellet Tins.

Hi Gareth thank you for the mention in your thread. The pellet tin situation is almost as complex as the pistol models. If you look in Hillers 3rd edition book it gives information on pellet tin years. Some of the prices on gumbay are getting a bit silly IE- Webley round tin £83.00. However I think a tin with a gun makes a nice touch. Looking forward to seeing your box when finished (as long as it's not better than mine!)

Regards Boxman.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Thanks boxman, just checked in Hillers ( Doh! Why didn't I think of that ? ). Off to the other side to see what I can find .... .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.