Thread: Lou's Long Range Pistol Shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    However he does it, it's SERIOUSLY impressive and definitely something for other shooters to aspire to. It shows what dedication, hard practice and commitment can achieve when partnered with natural talent. As with all sporting achievements, I love to see it done even if it is beyond my abilities. It inspires me to better my own shooting and reminds me what fascinating and talented creatures us human beings are.

Well done that man!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

A .22 Hw 45

My next pistol will be a .22 HW 45.

I'll never be able to shoot as well as Lou, but maybe I'll narrow the gap if I shoot WHAT he shoots!

Congrats, Lou: excellent marksmanship!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Born Again Guest
    A bit of background information, that may add a bit for non-pistol shooters.

My UIT centrefire pistol came with a 50m test card that had three holes in it, no more than 3/4 of an inch apart. This was an automatic 0.38 special pistol. Some of the top shooters could keep 12 shots in 2" unrested from the standing position at 50yds.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    A bit of background information, that may add a bit for non-pistol shooters.

My UIT centrefire pistol came with a 50m test card that had three holes in it, no more than 3/4 of an inch apart. This was an automatic 0.38 special pistol. Some of the top shooters could keep 12 shots in 2" unrested from the standing position at 50yds.
    There are some amazing pistol shooters at there!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The article of the above topics is out now with pics in this months Airgun world if anyones interested .

cheers