Thread: Lou's Long Range Pistol Shooting

Lou's Long Range Pistol Shooting

LOU'S LONG RANGE PISTOL SHOOTING
    i have been a way so was not able to add my bit to the earlier fread
    so here my 2 pence worth some people have to train very hard just to be good at what they do but some people are born good and with training become very good ,excellent natural talent thats what make some people stand out from the crowed look at any great sports man boxers, footballers etc
    back to lou his eye sight at long distance is scarry most people need scope or binos to see what he can see not very good at near things thou needs glassers i have seen lou shoot for many years and when i first saw him he was out shooting avenge shot blokes with pcp with a old jackal with peepsights i was gob smacked . for the past few years he has been shooting pistol only and even with this he can some times out shoot the odd bloke with a rifle not me thank god so when is said he was going to shoot a card side on i new it would be just a mater of time the only suprice was he did it so soon now it has become boring now he dos it every week at the club time for something new lou well do mate

how about blind folded

what can the next challenge be ???.

yes blind folded with you holding a match in your teeth
    only joking forks don't try this at home

However he does it, it's SERIOUSLY impressive and definitely something for other shooters to aspire to. It shows what dedication, hard practice and commitment can achieve when partnered with natural talent. As with all sporting achievements, I love to see it done even if it is beyond my abilities. It inspires me to better my own shooting and reminds me what fascinating and talented creatures us human beings are.

Well done that man!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

A .22 Hw 45

My next pistol will be a .22 HW 45.

I'll never be able to shoot as well as Lou, but maybe I'll narrow the gap if I shoot WHAT he shoots!

Congrats, Lou: excellent marksmanship!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Born Again Guest
    A bit of background information, that may add a bit for non-pistol shooters.

My UIT centrefire pistol came with a 50m test card that had three holes in it, no more than 3/4 of an inch apart. This was an automatic 0.38 special pistol. Some of the top shooters could keep 12 shots in 2" unrested from the standing position at 50yds.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    A bit of background information, that may add a bit for non-pistol shooters.

My UIT centrefire pistol came with a 50m test card that had three holes in it, no more than 3/4 of an inch apart. This was an automatic 0.38 special pistol. Some of the top shooters could keep 12 shots in 2" unrested from the standing position at 50yds.
    There are some amazing pistol shooters at there!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The article of the above topics is out now with pics in this months Airgun world if anyones interested .

cheers