Thread: Springer shooting at 70 yards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thats great shooting with a springer,its better than i could do with me pcp lol

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Nice one Davey,now why didn't you shoot like that when we went round?
    HERX77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Hi Mike! If I'd had my two bags of weedkiller to rest on at Popham, I'm sure I would have got a few more

Are you going to be trying out this long range lark? I'll bet you and your 77 could get some pretty impressive results

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Davey,
    Have had some interesting 25mmish groups at 55yds lately,but gun doing my head in at comps.The Redfearns/Emley shoot was crap for me but the gun was doing nice tight groups at 45 and 55 yds;even spent some time with Tony Belas and the new Daystate on the Emley zero range.Both knocking the bird down at 55yds and resetting it,not bad for a HW77 against a pcp,but you have to work harder.
    Coming over for the 'Gathering'.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

I had another go with the Longbow today at shooting over 68yds distance last time i used a pellet tin as a target and hit it 4 out of 8 with crossman VP's (walking to and from to stick up the tin)

This time i used plasterboard as a target and Webley Mosquito Express pellets shooting on 4x mag and aiming 4 dots high.

That group went 41mm ctc across .

I shot a second group and they were not as nice but still only 44mm ctc.
    I cant belive how accurate this gun is for a springer.

Shots taken from the front seat of my van , gun rested in my palm with forearm against my leg (propped up on dash)
    Last edited by remorem2jh@supanet.com; 18-11-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    Longbow .22 , S410k .22.BSA Airsporter .22

Very nice springer shooting mate Gets quite addictive when you can see some good results

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
    Davey,
    Have had some interesting 25mmish groups at 55yds lately,but gun doing my head in at comps.The Redfearns/Emley shoot was crap for me but the gun was doing nice tight groups at 45 and 55 yds;even spent some time with Tony Belas and the new Daystate on the Emley zero range.Both knocking the bird down at 55yds and resetting it,not bad for a HW77 against a pcp,but you have to work harder.
    Coming over for the 'Gathering'.
    HERX77 .

Springers eh! Just like mysterious and beautiful spanish women (the nice ones not the ones with beards), the moment you think you've got em worked out they bite you on the ass! It's why we love it! Good to hear you're still fighting the good fight Mike, Southern Hunters will be the next trip out for me, not sure what rounds yet but I'll hope to see you soon at one of those. All the best!

Its a pity there is not a club for this discipline of shooting OR maybe a blog hmm i just started a blog , Good to see some other results.Well done lads keep it up.
    OH BTW i cant hit s**t with the lightning.
    Longbow .22 , S410k .22.BSA Airsporter .22

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by remorem2jh@supanet.com View Post
    OH BTW i cant hit s**t with the lightning.
    Had to get rid of mine, no pellets struck in the same place twice...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.