I found that shooting at 40mm circles was good but still had a tendency to spread the group by not aiming at exactly the same spot each time.To aid in this I now print out targets with a cross in the circle and aim at the cross.This of course means dialing the wind in,and that can get a bit annoying when the wind is swirling or varying in speed.But still I get better clusters just by having a reference point to aim at each time.In the new year I am intending to try the LGV Challenger out at long range side by side with my venom Prosport.I need to make a new bench as the old one was a bit too low for perfect comfort during the longer sessions.And I am refilling the bean bags with pieces of high density foam so I can use the same bags for PCP and springer.The Sand is too Hard even with a hand in the way and I got better consistency using cushions.so I shall fill the bench rest set with the foam ans see how I get on.I just bought an MTC fixed mag for the LGV and the Prosport wears a Besonder Opstich Mildot.So I shall get a good indication of which reticle is better for the long range targets,as the MTC is half mildot scb.
I can tell you I have had good results with Defiant pellets and despite them being on the light side they buck the wind quite well.